Thread: Hiding the Cursor While Recording Full-Screen

Default Hiding the Cursor While Recording Full-Screen

Hey there applian, Ive been using your awesome products for years now & I just gotta say there worth every penny spent! Easy to use & very conventient. (This can go on forever lol)

I'm just having a problem when recording Fullscreen. What I personally do is I check the fullscreen option in the Video Capture options. Then I chose the recommended settings, either fullscreen mpeg or wmv. Then I click record then I right away full screen my (Youtube) video and hit play. I do eventually have to edit the video and crop out the 1st 4 or 5 seconds to make the video right. So I'm guessing that that's the best way to record full screen. I'm still having a problem with the video suddenly becoming slower after I click the record button, just like many users, but my biggest problem is that the mouse or cursor always ends up showing in my recorded videos! Even though I see it dissapearing after 2 or 3 seconds of playing the video!

Please give me some feedback on this issue & how to hide the mouse, and any additional tips on whats the best way to record the full screen video (since its the most hight quality,) and how to avoid the video cutting out and becoming really slow.

Thanks.

I assure you folks, we did not pay her for the testimonial and good words of our products! LOL

Hi Ana, thanks for your positive feedback first of all, and of course for posting on the forum where others can read, and hopefully learn from this issue as well.

Regarding this particular issue, Full Screen Videos do take up alot of resources on your computer, as does Replay Video Capture as well. Together, these cause - ta da,even MORE resources on your computer to be used. :-)

Our programmer IS working on a new version which fixes many issues, but we won't know more about it until our company meeting next week - in the meantime, keep on doing what you're doing and crop out the first few seconds (sorry!), or - alternatively you can also try NOT recording in full screen. For example, when I record a windows media player movie, I make the window about 1/4 of my screen size - and when I play it back, I'm able to increase up to full screen without the quality being lost that much.

At any rate, thanks again for your feedback, please know that we ARE working on the issues - and I hope this helps!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default LOL

You obviously haven't paid me for what I said. No need to prove that to other customers (if they dont already agree on my real opinions lol) frankly bcoz am a guy not a girl lol ! Not sure what made you assume I'm a girl but its all good I guess, now you know.

Ok, I can be patient, coz I know it'll be worth it. Please also try adding an option that lets me chose a recording time and end time. Sometimes when I play live TV online from back home (Kuwait/Q8), I keep the broadcast playing and I use realplayer to do that, and I'd rather do it with video capture to be honest.

The video quality is not bad when I do your 1/4 screen suggestion I'm sure, but as a YouTube uploader, I wanna make sure my videos can be viewed in HD, which I think is only possible if I FullScreen the recording.

Thanks for your reply & Sorry if I made it sound like I'm being paid for this lol! Its nothing new honestly, everyone I know using your products loves them! (again, this can go on forever :P)
    Last edited by AnaQ8yAna; 05-05-2009 at 10:25 PM.