Thread: Applian Jaksta vs Replay Media Catcher, a bit disappointed!!!!

Default Applian Jaksta vs Replay Media Catcher, a bit disappointed!!!!

Hi all,
    hello to all Applian users and all Applian team.

First of all, I'd like to thank you for the great piece of work made with Replay Media Catcher, the only solution I have found that can record RTMP streaming.

I was very, but very happy to buy it. A really great product.

Unfortunately, last month, I had some problem recording video from the same source (website) using your sofftware. I don't know why, most probably the website is using some more restriction that I cannot bypass with Replay Media Catcher, even downloading the latest Version and Plugins. And I know for sure that the website is still using the RTMP protocol.

So no problem, I tried reading post regarding this problem, without solutions.

At the end I tried Jaksta Streaming Media Recorder. A great software, can download from the same website without any problem, even better, renaming the FLV file correctly. So I choosed to buy it, and

SURPISE !!!!!!

I received back the receipt with the Licence File from Applian.

That's a bit unfair..... Why you're releasing Replay Media Catcher and Jaksta Streaming Media Recorder, that does the same things, with a different price, even without listing int on Applian website.

Why I have to spend 40$ and more for a software coming from the same Software House, instead of giving me the option to ugprade to a "Replay Media Cathcer" Pro Version, or something like that for less price.

I think transparency i these case is necessary, and I hope you can clarify it, with a reasonable answer.

Best Regards,
    Serjoka

UPDATE: 2009, May 3rd
    Just a note: I have seen that Applian and Jaksta are using the same payment processing system "RegNow" . That it means most probably they made a mistake sending the payment receipt while buying Jaksta software (Your Order with Applian Technologies Inc.) Anyway it's not a good advertisment.

One more thing: I have found the reason why Replay Media catcher won't record the streaming while Jaksta do it. Jaksta support also RTMPT and RTMPE that Replay Media Catcher doesn't. There is a chance to implement it ?
    Last edited by serjoka; 05-03-2009 at 07:01 AM.

Applian's products can't download some streams anymore because they were under the menace of Adobe for breaking their Drm.
    Maybe they created another company abroad or just licenced their technology in order to avoid a trial.
    I bought Jaksta and guess what? Impossible to install it !

Quote Originally Posted by maxrenn View Post
    Applian's products can't download some streams anymore because they were under the menace of Adobe for breaking their Drm.
    Maybe they created another company abroad or just licenced their technology in order to avoid a trial.
    I bought Jaksta and guess what? Impossible to install it !
    That's funny, I installed it on Vista, without any problem, even the virtual network device.

Also why you didn't try the demo before to buy it?

Cheers,
    Serjoka

I installed a trial version some months ago and everything was ok.
    But i can't install the newest version and can't even do anything to uninstall the previous version. I've tried everything : the Windows program manager, CCleaner, and in the soft's folder there's no "uninstall" feature!

If you have a trick you're welcome.

Bye.