Thread: New to this forum and confused

Default New to this forum and confused

I am new to this forum and I am confused. I have a lot of experience in forums, where users help each other out to solve problems based on experience.

Here, I have seen several posts where a person comes with a technical issue and an Applian person directs them to tech support, saying that, e.g., WM Recorder is not supported in these forums.

So, first, why is an Applian person responding at all, if this is a user-to-user forum. Second, if WM Recorder (and, I assume WM Capture) are not supported in this forum, in what forum are they supported? Where can I go to get help not from Applian people, but from the installed user base?

I have had considerable difficulty-probably mostly my own fault-with both WM Recorder and WM capture. I filed Tech Support tickets and got really great help, so I am not complaining about being left hanging out to dry.

What I am saying is that based upon my experience in other forums, this one does not seem to work like others.

So, what's up with this?

Quote Originally Posted by mitrich View Post
    why is an Applian person responding at all, if this is a user-to-user forum.
    You can get help here from both Applian staff and users. Don't you like it ?

Second, if WM Recorder (and, I assume WM Capture) are not supported in this forum, in what forum are they supported?
    Official support for WM line:
    Support for WM Recorder (streaming media capturing software)
    Support for WM Capture (screen video capturing software)
    Support for WM Converter (audio/video conversion software)
    Request new features

What I am saying is that based upon my experience in other forums, this one does not seem to work like others.

So, what's up with this?
    What do you suggest?

We do monitor the forum and answer tickets when we can. We love it when others do the job for us so do answer and respond all you wish.