Thread: Multitasking possible in RVC?

Default Multitasking possible in RVC?

Hi Guys,

I like RVC. However, when I am recording something from Windows Media Player, and I minimize both RVC and WMP to work on other stuff, say, read email, I get the email screens recorded in RVC. Can I mutitask when recording a video?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by alfredv View Post
    Can I mutitask when recording a video?
    I had similar questions and got basically a no. I couldn't make it work but am open to suggestions.

The problem seems to be eternal. Too many programs want their icon in the taskbar, their splash screen in the foreground, to launch maximized and on top of all other windows, or to steal focus after completing every task. It seems one could record on a default video card and work on a second. This must be a lot harder to do than it seems.

Default VMware allows multitasking

This is not a simple solution but I have VMware installed and I record using RVC on my VM Vista installation which allows me to use my PC normally and the sound and video on the recording are not affected because it is essentially being recorded on another OS installation.

I have a thought, correct me if I am wrong; but couldn't you get dual monitors, and while recording on the secondary screen, still be doing something on this screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian16807 View Post
    I have a thought, correct me if I am wrong; but couldn't you get dual monitors, and while recording on the secondary screen, still be doing something on this screen?
    Seems to be a good solution, but you need 2 monitors...

I like the Virtual Machine option, but it is a little bit problematic. First you need to install one, then OS onto it. But the biggest problem is that your virtual machine will run slower and screen capture software need lots of system resources, so you need a more powerful computer to use a virtual machine.

RVC is the only program I know that has a Set Top Windows feature. This allows you to work without any problem while recording. See the user guide for more
    http://www.applian.com/replay-video-...e.php#settings