Thread: Trying to uninstall (issues)

Default Trying to uninstall (issues)

Hey, I'm trying to uninstall this, but when trying, get the message that "UScreenCapture.ax" is in use (even though I haven't used the program) and when going ahead with the uninstall, and uninstalling the program, it obviously leaves me with that file in Program Files, and it just won't delete!
    I was hoping this could be sorted, and if anyone can help? Thanks.

It sounds like your uninstall became corrupt. As strange as it sounds reinstall the program. Reboot. Disable your anti virus software. Now uninstall again. Reboot and if there are any files left in the Program Files they should delete for you. If you need further assistance let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    It sounds like your uninstall became corrupt. As strange as it sounds reinstall the program. Reboot. Disable your anti virus software. Now uninstall again. Reboot and if there are any files left in the Program Files they should delete for you. If you need further assistance let us know.
    Searching the forums I found this post. I'm trying to uninstall too (reasons in a separate post.) I hit this "in use" problem too. I tried re-installing and then uninstalling, and hit this problem again. How can I uninstall?

Is RVC always running when it is installed, even though I'm not (knowingly) running the program?

Ok, what do I have to do to remove Replay Video Capture 100%?

It still shows up in Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs. The entire directory was deleted from C:\Program Files

When I tried to uninstall, I was given the option to "ignore" the fact that "UScreenCapture.ax" is in use. Then I was able to rename it. I rebooted, then deleted everything. I rebooted again.

Add or Remove Programs still knows about it. Most likely, part of it is still around. I need to get rid of 100% of it to see if a huge problem goes away.

If you are having trouble removing a program I suggest using My Uninstaller. It's a free program that lists everything on your computer and gives you the option to DELETE rather than uninstall. I use this program myself and have suggested it to many people. I haven't seen an instance where it hasn't worked. You can download this program here:
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/myuninst.html

Quote Originally Posted by codyg View Post
    Hey, I'm trying to uninstall this, but when trying, get the message that "UScreenCapture.ax" is in use (even though I haven't used the program) and when going ahead with the uninstall, and uninstalling the program, it obviously leaves me with that file in Program Files, and it just won't delete!
    I was hoping this could be sorted, and if anyone can help? Thanks.
    The file can be used by other software as well. I don't see any problem leaving it in the system.

You may also try to boot in the Safe mode and Uninstall the program.