Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Capture slows vido & audio - unusable

Video Capture is a screen capture and not a stream capture program. It uses a lot of resources and each system handles it differently. I capture normally with MPEG 2 as it seems to have a smaller file size. If I don't like the way it looks then I try the other. I try and capture with the screen setting as small as possible. We are always working on improving our programs and when the developer has an update we will post it.

I tried an upgrade on my PC and increased the memory to 2 gig. Nothing changed. Then I tried your software on a completely new computer with lotsa speed and memory and no other software in that computer to cause a conflict. The recording from HuLu was again choppy. The recording becomes choppy when "record" is turned on and returns to normal when "record" is turned off. I think this shows that your software is the problem. The upgrade needs to address this issue as does the developer. I will keep your program and wait for the upgrade to solve this problem.

Thanks for the update. It is difficult to troubleshoot when not able to duplicate the issue. I have tried it on several different computers and I'm not having this issue. The developer is always working on improving the programs so perhaps your issue will be corrected in a future update. Thanks.

I tried it on several different computers and DID have this issue. You act like the problem doesn't exist even after many customers are having this problem. It is time to admit there is a problem and fix it.

Default Take it Seriously

I concur with the comments about taking this seriously, I am a trial member who encountered the same "jerky" problem no matter what setting or format I used.
    To reply that "you couldn't replicate the problem" smacks of "smarten up guys, you're doing something wrong"
    It may not be intended that way, but that's not an answer that's going to pacify a customer who has tried to solve the problem and is looking for meaningful assistance.
    Might I point you back to your demonstration video where the same effect is clearly shown, but fobbed of with aside about 'heavy video load'

Good evening Folks

I've read through these posts a few times and want to let you know that we ARE aware of the issues. I will look into this further and see what I can find out from the programming team.

Thanks all for your continued patience
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Good afternoon All,

Having spoken at length with the developer of Replay Video Capture & WM Capture, as well as other programmers, here is the salient facts and feedback:

As a screen capture program, Replay Video Capture will use a lot of your computer’s bandwidth – this is the nature of the beast. For the best possible screen recording, we HIGHLY recommend you get a dual core computer.

As of now, we are using the fastest compression currently available; MPEG-2. It works great on all dual core computers that we’ve tested. This includes my personal XP and Vista PC’s, along with our programmers 10+ personal (dual core) computers and many others we have tested along the way; especially other customers who use a dual core computer. In fact, most customer inquiries I receive with complaints of slowness and performance issues, reveal that the user has a single core processor on their pc. There is nothing wrong with single core processors, but they’re out of date now, and most new software demands a lot more than they’re able to offer.

A basic fact is that one can never reproduce EXACTLY the same video quality as the original with a screen capture program such as Replay Video Capture. Keep in mind, a screen capture program is really designed for videos or screen recordings that you're not able to record with a stream capture recorder (such as Replay Media Catcher, Replay AV, WM Recorder Etc).

If you've got a dual core processor, and are still having problems, I recommend adjusting the settings and screen recording size. ( See hints below ).

If you've got a single core process, your best bet would be to upgrade your computer to a dual core processor for the best screen capture results.

I'll re-cap on some things you can try, in case you missed this on page one of this post:

To get the best quality video with Replay Video Capture - try the following:

1. Go to Settings, and make sure you are using the MPEG-2 video format. Also, you may want to click on "Recommended Settings" at the top and select the most fitting option according to your pc configuration.

2. Try recording from a smaller video window by resizing your player to 1/4 of your screen, or no more than 480x640 pixels. This won't affect the video quality (since video is scaled UP from smaller sizes to fit a full-screen picture). This will require less computer power to capture, which will make for smoother videos.

I'll keep you all abreast of any updates/news - but for now this is what we're able to offer.

Thanks so much for your patience and understanding, It’s truly appreciated and I will keep you up-to-date on anything that may improve things.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.