Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capture slows vido & audio - unusable

Default Capture slows vido & audio - unusable

I cannot use Capture at all -- on either a DVD movie or on streaming video. Just loading the program makes the video and audio slow and jerky, and this is what's recorded. I've tried all combos of setting for both audio and video, played with my video card acceleration. The setup tests went fine, and I have no problem using WM Recorder. Any suggestions?

XP Pro, SP3, 4GB memory, NVidia GeForce 7900GS, V. 178.24, RealTek audio.

Thanks in advance.

To get the best quality video with Replay Video Capture - try the following:

1. Go to Settings, and make sure you are using the MPEG-2 video format. Also, you may want to click on "Recommended Settings" at the top and select the most fitting option according to your pc configuration.

2. Try recording from a smaller video window by resizing your player to 1/4 of your screen, or no more than 480x640 pixels. This won't affect the video quality (since video is scaled UP from smaller sizes to fit a full-screen picture). This will require less computer power to capture, which will make for smoother videos.

Let me know if this makes a difference.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Video Capture slows down everything

Jeff:

The Recommended settings, per the progrm, are Windows Media Player format, and a video rate of 3000. I changed it to MPEG2, set the viewing window small, and in turn tried all video rates. Nothing worked. Am still getting slow-motion, jerky display and audio from my monitor and in the captured recording. If I close out Capture the audio and video return to normal. Also, with Capture loaded, and I go to select the window, my cursor leaves a trail of small boxes as I move it.

It seems to me that Capture is interfering with both my video and audio drivers. Are there any system settings that may fix this? I've tinkered with the video acceleration and it had no effect.

This is a dual core system, with plenty of memory, and WMRecorder has no problems recording streaming video.

Upgrade your sound card and see if there are any updates to your video card. See if that helps.

Default updating cards

Cheryl:

I just updated the video driver to it's latest version, 182.50, and it made no difference.

For the audio card, did you mean update the software or upgrade (as in purchase a new model)? I don't intend to purchase a new card for this one application, but have downloaded a more recent driver. I'll install it tonight after the close of business and let you know.

Thanks.

Default more on updating audio driver

Cheryl:

It's taken me two nights to get things straightened out, but in the end, the update of my Realtek HD Audio driver did the trick. WMCapture now works properly. The steps were not in a straight line.

When I first updated the driver, I lost all sound from my card. Rolled back the driver and still had not sound. Uninstalled WMCapture and another audio-related program I had recently installed, SoundTaxi. Then reinstalled the new audio driver, and got no sound from the system. When I investigated the driver settings I discovered the default setting was to turn off all wav, mpeg, and other sound formats and put in only Dolby. Don't ask me why it checks that as a default. I reversed those settings and all was well. I then reinstalled WMCapture, tried it with some videos, and found it worked perfectly. When I next reinstalled SoundTaxi it clashed severely with my new audio driver and wouldn't even complete the installation. I got rid of it immediately, and everything is working fine. Not sure if the original culprit was my old audio driver or the clash of SoundTaxi with the audio, but at least Capture is working.

Thanks for your help.

Wonderful, i'm glad that update did the trick for you!

You'd be surprised how many issues simply doing that fixes!

Thanks again for the follow up, and happy recording! :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Same Problem

After checking out the above nightmare "solution," (all things I've tried with no success) I would much rather put the ball in Applian's court. Your cheerleading a panicky costumer is not problem solving in my opinion.

With a new camcorder and software, sure their player might conflict in someway, but I'm not returning the camera and removing the software. After all, who knows if that why the system video play is slowing down. Most of the time, the player is built in and can't be sized or already microscopic.

This is a software problem for Replay Video Capture. Solve the problem so the program doesn't make the video unusable. Hell, Nero 9 could be the problem, my new digital cameras downloader or multiformat player...

If there are other capture sellers who's product doesn't make users jump through hoops, they've got a buyer. I love your stuff, but I object to the idea that I should be afraid to install new software.

When we are aware of a conflict our developers work on resolving as much as they can when it can be done. The forum is read by the developers. Thanks.

I'm afraid I am going to have to agree with vforv. This program is operating terribly with every video I have tried. It doesn't matter if the video is right from a website or something I have already recorded on my hard drive. I can have a recording or video from a website playing perfectly and as soon as I open this program and hit record, the video goes choppy, close the program and the video plays fine.

Quote from vforv:
    "Most of the time, the player is built in and can't be sized or already microscopic".
    You are correct sir.

Should not this program work properly regardless if the setting is Windows Media or MPEG-2. Are the choices of the 2 settings there for the user to decide what format they want to record in?

I have the Replay AV 8 program that works fine. Could there be a conlict between the 2 programs? This program is supposed to capture video that Replay AV 8 does not. It does but...

Any update versions in the works?