Thread: to all users: how did you best tweak replay music for song splitting and song recognition??

Default to all users: how did you best tweak replay music for song splitting and song recognition??

hey everybody - as helpfull and quick to reply as cheryl has been, i'm still not able to optimize my settings and thought the user community could/would like to chime in.

bottom line: windows vista home version
    internet explorer 7
    replay music version 3.56
    i have time warner cable internet connection at 15mbps and live in greenwich village nyc so i presume my connectivity and speed is probably as good as it gets.
    my computer is 3 months old and has more than enough power and memory to handle anything rm can throw at it.
    i have it set for automatically split tracks, i tried the default 300 milliseconds of silence between but any given song would split into 3 or so tracks, i tried 600 milliseconds and 800 milliseconds both of which gave better results, but didn't work perfectly.
    i increased the time up to a minimum of 75 seconds for the length of the sond to be in order for rm to split or record the track.
    my volume level is set at 2672 and i didn't play with that.

the name recognition capability is running at around a 5% hit rate, leaving all the other tracks not identified, not to mention split into 3 or so files per song.

i have to believe i'm not the only user to have these issues and would love to hear from those who have worked through these issues as (as helpfull as cheryl has been) i'm getting the feeling that i'm pretty much on my own in trying to resolve my issues and am not getting any detailed replies from rm to my questions.

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default My Related Experiences

Hey, Joe. I'm also using Time Warner Cable Internet/Road Runner. My computer is older than yours, and I'm running Windows XP Home Edition. My experience has been that RM generally splits tracks correctly using 300 ms or 200 ms of silence as a trigger. RM recognizes and correctly tags most songs when I record from Pandora, but only occasionally recognizes songs recorded from Music Choice on RoadRunner or Sirius/XM Online. So tagging performance seems to be dependent on the music source.

I started a new thread this morning asking if there is anything I can do to improve automatic tagging performance but haven't seen any replies posted yet.

hey drshurley - thanks for the reply!

i forgot to mention that i use rhapsody.

i just decreased my volume from 2672 down to 700 and i'm getting a great change for the better. so far they've recognized 11 out of 11 and i'm in the process of 'looking at' 200 or so songs. i'll finish up with the list to be 'looked at' and i'll report my findings tomorrow. also, i'm not getting any incorrect splits. to replay musics credit, they had that in their suggested settings section, so my fault there.

thanks again for the reply.

I was just going to say to adjust your volume and I see that you beat me to the punch. Great. Thanks for posting your solution.

Default all is great!

everything works perfectly now! rm correctly tags well over 90% of the songs and the tracks record perfectly. amazing product....

Great. Thanks for letting us know. We think it is a great product as well.