Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gracenote in version 3.35 and older is expired. Here's what to do.

Default Gracenote in version 3.35 and older is expired. Here's what to do.

When Gracenote was purchased by Sony, they stopped licensing song recognition technology to Applian. They were kind enough to allow us to keep using their servers for an extended period of time after discontinuing our agreement. In the meantime, we implemented a new version of Replay Music that uses alternative tagging technology. Simply download the latest version and Replay Music will once again tag tracks. Versions of Replay Music prior to 3.4 used the older Gracenote technology which is now expired in those older versions . We have sent several emails to our registered customers regarding this impending change. The update is free. Download the latest version of Replay Music from this page:

http://www.applian.com/replay-music/demo.php
    Debbie McCormick
    Director & Creative Technologist
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

thank you for the information you give.. this is very helpful. Now i understand why my Media Catcher doesn't work

thanks for this info debbie

I am a registered user and upgraded to the latest version of RM, but the system is still NOT tagging my tracks with anything beyond the generic "track 1, 2, 3," etc. What shall I do?

Default Won't Tag After Reinstall

As a registered user, I followed the update instructions and am now running the latest version of RM. I still can't get it to tag any of my tracks. Can anyone help?

If you continue to have an issue with tagging please contact tech support. Also, always make sure you go to the Internet after your open up our program and select start recording.

Default MixerGetLineInfo

I am having the same problem. I have uninstalled, cleaned the registry, rebooted and reinstalled several times, but I keep getting this error when I click settings and there are no choices for Input source. So it's not working at all.

I am using Vista (32 bit).

You will need to run the "ClearReplayMusicSettings" utility that is located in your program files\replay music 3\ folder. After running that utility you may have to re-enter your registration code but Replay Music should be able to run after doing that.

If this doesn't get you up and running please contact tech support.

Replay music doesn't seem to work with Rhapsody anymore at all. In the log file is says "unable to create wav file".

Thumbs down Would like a better option.

As someone who doesn't care about tagging and turns those options off anyways, I would like to see an alternate solution presented.

Namely, a way to just make older versions of the program stop generating the CDDB registration window and subsequent RM error about not connecting every time you start it.

I didn't even know this problem existed till I was forced to reinstall RM after having to reinstall Windows this week. I'm using the old v2 version, and that's the one I "want" to use. It would be nice if the program would actually bother to pay attention to the settings I configured, see that I have tagging turned off and not bother me with anything related to it. To bad it doesn't work like that.

I have no interest in upgrading, regardless if it's free or not. Particularly when it would, in effect, be for no reason other then to fix support for a feature I don't care about and don't use just for the sake of not getting annoying dialogue boxes about it. Upgrading sure doesn't offer me anything else that I personally care about over the version I have now. Honestly, if this is the only option available, I'll simply stop using RM and find something else to use.