Thread: can't capture in .wmv format

Talking can't capture in .wmv format

Hello,
    first let me say I love this program and have generally been pleased with it. I can record in mpeg format fine but when I record in wmv I just get sound. My computer is a Dell E1405 with an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator and doesn't have the option of turning off "Hardware Acceleration". I think that it is a software based graphics card built into the system. But when I installed RVC, I could capture in wmv but since, and I'm not sure why, I can no longer capture in this format. I haven't installed any programs so I don't understand why all of the sudden it quit working. I've tried reinstalling RVC and that didn't help. Is there something I'm missing or am I just not going to be able to record in wmv format? I have, since this started happening, installed Media 9 Encoder from Windows hoping that maybe some how the encoder files got corrupted and this would reinstall those, but that hasn't helped either.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Recording in wmv format would help eliminate using Super to record mp4 files into a format that my portable video player can use.

thanks for any help...

bendy
    ps. I'm using Vista Home Premium and the latest RVC

Please make sure you are running the program with administrative rights. Uninstall what you have and download the program again to make sure you have all the latest. Disable your anti virus software. Now, do the reinstall and see if that helps. If you still have a problem let us know in tech support.