Thread: Interference, crackles

Default Interference, crackles

Hi there - no matter what options I chose - using PC's that run Vista or XP - I am getting crackles and interference when I play back tracks recorded using Freecorder 3.0 (the latest).
    I've tried upping the conversion quality from 128 to 192 mp3's or to WAV - but still the same problem. My Vista PC uses a Realtek HD, Xp uses a SoundMax HD Audio Driver. Hardware accelleration is on maximum.
    Any ideas what is causing it? Do Napster etc scramble their audio?
    Thanks for your help!
    m

Default Interference, crackles

Hi - I had exactly the same problem, a sort of flapping noise you could only hear playing back whatever it was you had recorded. By going into settings, then in 'Prompt for Filename' click on 'After Recording' it appears to have got rid of the problem. Let me know if it works for you

Hi there - thanks for getting back. I tried this - but nope - I still get crackles when playing back. I can only assume Napster etc scramble their streams. I'd like to hear of anyone who has info. to the contrary though.

Angry Crackles, exact same

I paid to use toolbar recorder and get same problem using XP & Realtek, it kicks in after a few seconds, when recording from Spotify, it's fine with Deezer.

Someone at Applian should sort this out.

Default Crackles in Recorded Audio

I run XP Home and Freecorder 3.0 (Aug 9, 2007) and get the crackles when I record to MP3 format, but not when I record to a wav file. The crackles also appear to increase with music volume and/or complexity, sort of like Freecorder is being overloaded, or clipped. Based on number of queries, this appears quite a problem with Freecorder.

I am a new Freecorder Toolbar user.
    Recordings from one source has a crackle in the background.
    Recording from a different source is clean.
    In both cases, the originals play clean.
    I use real player to play the recordings.
    Any ideas please?

We are aware of this issue but do not have a work around for this. It is a random occurrence. Sometimes reinstalling the toolbar will work. We are working on a new toolbar with added capability that we hope to have out soon. Check back for updates! Thanks.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Same for me too, tried everything!

I get intermittent crackling on recordings, I have tried all the different drivers and settings. Tried recording with lower volumes and in mp3 and wav formats, but still no better. Running Vista. Hope youfix this soon as it really is annoying.

Default Same problem

I'm running Freecorder 3.02 on XP Professional and having the same crackling and popping noises with live broadcast. If I tried to record archives I am still have the same problem but I found if I play the archive through once and then replay and record, there is no noise. Somehow the noise is related to caching?