Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: unable to record at all what so ever...

Unhappy unable to record at all what so ever...

i tried everything i can think of and no matter what i do, nothing shows up in the media catcher window. I tried 15 different .flv from 3 different sites. I deleted all history, offline content, cookies, passwords in both ie and firefox.

don't know what else to try. Anyone have any ideas?

Hi there - I am afraid that I cannot help you much on this as I am having exactly the same problem, i.e. I simply cannot get Media Catcher to start recording anything.

If you take a look at my post entitled "Replay Media Catcher has stopped working completely.." you can read my explanation of the problem and my thoughts about it and also someone's suggested solution (which didn't work for me by the way). My posting was made here on 7th March so you might have to look at it on previous page.

It would be interesting to know what version of Internet Explorer you are using as I am suspicious that this might have some bearing (just a hunch).

Except for one person who tried to help me with some good advice I have been a little disappointed that no one seems to have a solution (no response to my posting on the forum from anyone at Applian as yet). I therefore concluded that it must be something unique on my computer that is causing the problem but I confess that I am at a loss at the moment. I should mention that I did have Media Catcher working just after purchasing the software so it's obviously something to do with what I have installed since. My problems seemed to start when, after updating my IE and Windows Media Player, I installed a new version of Media Catcher 3.02.

If you do find a solution I would be most grateful if you could post your findings here as unfortunately I currently can't use the software at all.

I should mention that I do not really blame Applian for the problem, as many users are clearly using the software without such problems. It's just that I havehit a software brick-wall and, short of getting rid of any updates I have recently made to get my system back to how it was a month ago (which I don't want to do) I fear that I am stuck! Very disappointing.

Best of luck!!!

Hi

You are not alone!

I have seen 'Raised On Fish's' original post which is exactly the same situation I am in!
    I also installed V3.02 to resolve the problem caused by the changes on the BBC iplayer and now I cannot capture anything on any site at all. I am using Firefox, but have tried with IE as well, with no joy.

If anyone does find a solution please can you post it?

Thanks

Default Trying IE 8

Quote Originally Posted by RaisedOnFish View Post

The only things I have done recently is install Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, Media Player 11, CCleaner. Could it be that there's a problem with Internet Explorer 8 and Media Catcher?? (Previously I was using Internet Explorer 6 by the way). Is it possible that my Media Catcher is, for some reason, looking for Internet Explorer 6, even though I have updated to Internet Explorer 8? - that's about all I can think of. Has anyone else upgraded to IE8 without any problems?

I am at a loss as to what else I can try to solve this issue.
    In an attempt to answer your question I installed IE8 and I have the latest windows media player ( I believe it's 11) and I do not have these problems you are speaking of.

I am curious if you are running window xp pro and are logged in as an administrator?
    Last edited by micromedia; 03-20-2009 at 10:11 AM.

Default Just stopped working

Hi all!
    I have had the same problem. I am using Vista with Firefox (sometimes IE7) and Media Catcher just stopped working with verwion 3.02. I tried going back to 3.01 with no swuccess. I have tried all the things the support team suggested but to no avail.
    help please, anyone!!

Hi all

In answer to Trying's question I am running Windows XP Home Edition, and I also have administrator rights (I am the only person who uses my computer). Your post would suggest that IE8 is not the culprit which is useful to know.

This is very strange but there seems to be a common link in that we have tried the 3.02 version of Media Catcher and so it does suggest that might be worth looking into further. As far as uninstalling and re-installing - I have tried all I can think of with versions RMC 3.01 and RMC 3.02 and nothing so far has given a glimmer of hope.

Let's hope that someone does eventually find a solution to our problem - which seems to be affecting a few more people since my original post entitled "Replay Media Catcher has stopped working completely.."

Hmmmm
    Last edited by RaisedOnFish; 03-22-2009 at 10:02 AM.

Default I'm another voice in the wilderness

I have the same problem as the previous posters. RMC just stopped working for me too. I'm not sure if it was only after I upgraded to IE8 but I think it was. It did work after I downloaded it back in April for several weeks, but now nothing. I'm on XP3 Home Ed SP3.

Nobody seems to have found an answer yet. I haven't tried Support admittedly, but from what I've read on the Forum, I'm unlikely to get any solutions there either, which is very vexing as I can ill afford to pour £85 down the drain.

And seeing as the last post before mine was a few weeks ago it looks like this thread is due for burial.. or cremation.. or sending to the moon.....

Hello, i have that problem with Replay A/V; it just never worked.
    But i have no problem with RMC. Maybe all those with that problem should post their Pc's configuration, it may show something that you all have in common that may be the origin of the problem.

Here's for me, RMC 3.02 working perfectly.

Windows XP Home (genuine and activated) / SP2
    Firewall : Comodo version 2
    Antivirus : Avast (With all shields activated)
    Antispywares : Spybot (with browsers' immunization)
    Spyware Blaster (with all browsers protected)
    I've installed something else that tested all ports and made
    them invisible but i don't remember the name.
    Browsers : Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 2 , Opera (RMC works with all of them)
    Direct connection to the net (no proxy).
    Standard internal Adsl modem (no "Box" or Router, i don't know how you
    call those in English).

I know it's not safe but maybe for a short time you could try to completly
    disable your antivirus and your firewall and then try to use to soft.

You may also do a clean uninstall of all Applian softs and other streamrippers
    you have, then clean the registry of all what they left behind
    (with RegCleaner for exemple) and then install ONLY RMC after the reboot
    in order to see if there's not a conflict.

On last thought : RMC does work sometimes when launching it before the
    browser but sometimes after ! You could give a try.

Bye.
    Last edited by maxrenn; 08-03-2009 at 06:48 AM.

Default Tryied yesterday

Hi all,,
    i've tryied yesterday downloaded from here and works fine.
    Using XP SP2 Explorer 7. Just use a little trick .. when your video
    is loaded press F5 to reload the page and the programn start automaticaly.

Maury

Quote Originally Posted by Maury View Post
    Hi all,,
    i've tryied yesterday downloaded from here and works fine.
    Using XP SP2 Explorer 7. Just use a little trick .. when your video
    is loaded press F5 to reload the page and the programn start automaticaly.

Maury
    finally someone got a positive response. hope this one will help most of those problems encountered similar to this.