Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't record Hulu videos with Replay Media Catcher

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    I am not aware of any pages left on our site that recommend Media Catcher for Hulu. If you have a link to one of these pages that you are speaking of please send it to me. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.
    Here is one... Google will show you any more:
    http://www.applian.com/replay-media-....php?name=Hulu

Thank you!

Default Plans for future - specific to HULU?

Are there plans to revise, or update, RMC to (once again) work with Hulu? Or must one switch to RVC for all future Hulu "time shifting" needs?

Unhappy I guess not!

Quote Originally Posted by Toochbag View Post
    Are there plans to revise, or update, RMC to (once again) work with Hulu? Or must one switch to RVC for all future Hulu "time shifting" needs?
    With no answer from Applian in over a month, I guess we can assume that the answer to that question is NO! Not that it's Applian's fault that Hulu decided to encrypt all of their content, significantly degrading their viewers' ability to time-shift and media-shift Hulu content. Actually, I if the encryption is any good, Applian has no choice in the matter; screen capture is the only way their software would be able to get at the Hulu content. Grrrr!
    Last edited by Bloemer; 07-10-2009 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Add title

Quote Originally Posted by Bloemer View Post
    With no answer from Applian in over a month, I guess we can assume that the answer to that question is NO! Not that it's Applian's fault that Hulu decided to encrypt all of their content, significantly degrading their viewers' ability to time-shift and media-shift Hulu content. Actually, I if the encryption is any good, Applian has no choice in the matter; screen capture is the only way their software would be able to get at the Hulu content. Grrrr!
    They are able to allow saving the video despite the encryption. It was actually working for a while if I understand correctly. The reason it no longer works is because Adobe legally threatened Applian, and rather than get sued and lose due to the American Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), Applian complied and purposely crippled Replay Media Catcher so that it will no longer save any video if it streams from the RMTPE protocol.

Until some person or entity outside of Adobe's legal reach (i.e., a country that is not located in America) comes up with a competing product that handles RMTPE, the only way to save these videos is via screen capture.

Applian should sell Replay Media Catcher to such a person or entity before such a competing product becomes available.

Default I am somewhat peeved

I used Replay Media Catcher until the formatting changed on Hulu and Fancast.

As I understand it part of the writer's strike last fall was due to online broadcasting and them getting more money. Ironic that the strike was settled, they are getting their money, and all I have is a useless piece of software. I guess Applain got their money as well....

The new capture product is a major league piece of junk. 3.2G P4, 2G Ram, and ATI all in wonder video card that ran fancast ,youtube, and every other stream just fine. When I tried the demo of the new capture, it wasn't worth the time and effort. It also fails to find my audio source, and the forced setup didn't work either.

Its just a computer and software but I am about as pissed off as I can be about not being able to record shows and watch them later. I have built a PC with a video capture card that I use, but it makes huge Mpgs, and Flv files are much smaller and manageable for storage.

Applian, its not your fault Adobe suffers from cranial, rectal insertion, but on the other hand, don't go about saying you have a product that captures anything on the screen if there is no audio, and all one gets is a capture about every three seconds, rather than a streaming video.

My cable internet is 6 mbits, which is way beyond the needs of a streaming video, even when its slowed to 2 or 3 mbits.

Its on my monitor why can't you capture it properly? Sure glad I didn't waste my money on an upgrade. I have removed Replay Media Capture, and you can all go back to the drawing board and try to get it right.

Default Hello Pple

Ok so Hulu is not letting you record media correct ?

Some one ! any one provide me with a the link (VIDEO LINK) that is RTMPE secure

kinda working on a (NEW PROJECT ) that defeats this problem =)

K

Default Re: Can't Record on Hulu?

I found a new way to get movies from hulu and other streaming online sites, Replay Video Capture, also it can record rtmpe files, with screen capturing. Very useful, in this way we can have all the movies we want :d. Of course I can convert the files into the formats I need with Replay Converter so that I can watch them on every device I want.

Default Re: Can't record Hulu videos with Replay Media Catcher

why is it that it records the commercial in the begining and then you get the green check mark which says finished downloading? Does this have to do with this issue? Or is there a way for it to continue the recording?

Default Re: Can't record Hulu videos with Replay Media Catcher

The commercial isn't streamed with an encrypted protocol and the main video is. The problem is not that we can't figure out how to stream capture from this site, it is that it is not legal to circumvent these secure streams. Once again, there is no fix coming out for this. Use Replay Video Capture.