Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't record Hulu videos with Replay Media Catcher

Default So, In Essence, RMC Currently Does NOT Record Hulu

Based on the information presented above, RMC is currently (Apr 09) NOT capable of recording Hulu video streams, and appears unlikely to be able to record them in the future. Recording those streams is, of course, the primary reason why I purchased the program. Boo hiss!

I won't ever sell any media content I download; I merely want to convert and time-shift them to use when and where I choose (primarily on my treo while working out). This is a use that is well within the fair-use aspects of the U.S copyright laws. I'd even be fine with recordings that included the level of ads that are currently shown on Hulu. Arrgghhh!

Hulu is working for me right now.

"Hulu is working for me right now."

No one said Hulu doesn't work...you simply cannot record the latest encoded shows which are all RTMPE. Perhaps you are recording some old stuff but regardless, post the details about what is working for you rather than the meaningless/no information post that you have.

Dude... respectfully? Stop being a douche.

Quote Originally Posted by jhb50 View Post
    "Hulu is working for me right now."

No one said Hulu doesn't work...you simply cannot record the latest encoded shows which are all RTMPE. Perhaps you are recording some old stuff but regardless, post the details about what is working for you rather than the meaningless/no information post that you have.
    The White Shadow & Adam 12! Kiss my ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Vergess View Post
    I've been using Media Catcher to collect episodes of Naruto from Hulu, and until recently, it has worked just fine. However, for the last two days, whenever I try to record from Hulu, it fails at 0 bytes, and I get the following:

Internal error while trying to download RTMP stream
    Exception:
    m_nErrType = 11
    m_strDesc = "code: NetConnection.Connect.Rejected
    description: [ AccessManager.Reject ] : Must use RTMPE or RTMPTE on this connection"
    m_strFile = F:\proj32\TestRTMPClient\RTMPStreamRip.cpp
    m_nLineNumber = 969

I have literally no idea what any of that means, and if anyone here could explain it to me, and perhaps tell me if there is something I need to change in my settings or on my computer, please do.

Other media sources, such as youtube, are continuing to download just fine, as far as I can tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloemer View Post
    Based on the information presented above, RMC is currently (Apr 09) NOT capable of recording Hulu video streams, and appears unlikely to be able to record them in the future. Recording those streams is, of course, the primary reason why I purchased the program. Boo hiss!

I won't ever sell any media content I download; I merely want to convert and time-shift them to use when and where I choose (primarily on my treo while working out). This is a use that is well within the fair-use aspects of the U.S copyright laws. I'd even be fine with recordings that included the level of ads that are currently shown on Hulu. Arrgghhh!
    Quote Originally Posted by zanefan View Post
    Dude... respectfully? Stop being a douche.
    Gentleman....I am sorry to report that Applian's Replay Media Catcher is not capturing videos...(only 0 Bytes RTMPE...protected streaming protocol)...
    I would highly recommend giving (Applian's Replay Video Capture a try which is a screen recorder based video capture software.)

Best Regards.

Jeniffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yep11111 View Post
    The White Shadow & Adam 12! Kiss my ass!
    As I said both The White Shadow & Adam 12! are now encrypted and cannot be recorded
    Last edited by jhb50; 05-04-2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: keeping it civil

OK, let's keep it civil!

Quote Originally Posted by seventree View Post

Applian says their Video Capture is the answer. I have not been able to test the trial version yet, but maybe my 1GHz laptop is not up to the task.
    They are correct. I bought the Media Suite and it allowed me to capture. Unfortunately it wasn't the greatest quality and I was limited to the video sizes that each of my PCs is capable of deisplaying. I have a Fast PC that could run full screen. my Slower laptop could only handle about 1/2 the screen.

The good thing is that I bought the $99 Media Suite and it came with the Applian Video Capture. Applian needs to remove their pages claiming that Media Catcher works with Hulu content because it clearly doesn't - and probably wont now that Adobe has changed their encryption technology. I would have been really peeved if I had bought Media Catcher only to find out that it doesn't work with ulu any more. But, since I bought the entire Suite I am ok because it came with the Capture program that works.

But, since it is a capture program, you have to actually watch the program and you can't do anything else with the PC while it's capturing. Good for grabbing clips, but painful for full length programs...

In terms of quality, the recordings aren't very good, but I just squeeze them down to play on my phone or mp3 player and at that size it looks just fine...

The thing that drives me crazy is how long it takes to convert it to an ipod size format, and how often the aspect ratio is screwed up. It takes as long as if I just watched it on-line in the first place.

So, I just wanted to confirm that the video capture program from Applian works, but it's pretty ecpensive and time consuming...

I am not aware of any pages left on our site that recommend Media Catcher for Hulu. If you have a link to one of these pages that you are speaking of please send it to me. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.