Thread: At Large Recorder not recording for the full scheduled time

Default At Large Recorder not recording for the full scheduled time

I am using At Large Recorder 2. It is fully paid for. I programme to record from a Slingbox in the UK here in South Africa. Sometimes it doesn't bother to record. Other times I set a time and a duration and it stops for no reason somewhere in that duration (Last night scheduled for 90 mins. Started on time and stopped 40 mins into a 90 min scheduled recording)
    There is no problem with the Slingbox in the UK. It showed me connected for the full 90 mins. I never have trouble with cutting out watching live!. I close all programmes including e mails. This is a At Large 2 problem
    Fed up with getting nothing or half a programme. This problem happens 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time it is OK

I'm moving this to the At Large Recorder forum. You will get more help there.

Default Recording not happening - timeout errors HELP

I am having the same problem!

Sometimes it works but most (80%)of the time it doesn't, I have set several test where I have actually watched it timeout and receive the cannot receive data and the error happens on both of the laptops I use it on.

Have tried the following with the same errrors:-

Used the Finder ID - same error
    Used the S/B IP and port settings (ie this is not a S/B port forwarding problem)
    At Large is on the default settings

Even seen it happen while recording the feed from S/B live

Am rapidly coming to the conclusion that At Large Recorder really doesn't work properly

Am running Vista Home Premium on one of the laptops and Vista Business on the other.

please someong help

I have had similar problems when I have not adjusted my "Advanced" settings. Though you may need to experiment with various settings, I have found that recordings are made when the Video Bitrate is set for 300. The other settings may need to be set - but their values seems to have less effect on the success of a recording. I have set the various options as follows:

Video Bitrate: 300
    Frames/Second: 30
    Video Smoothness: 50
    Audio Bitrate: 32
    I-Frame: 30

Give it a try.

Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by Howardxxx View Post
    I am using At Large Recorder 2. It is fully paid for. I programme to record from a Slingbox in the UK here in South Africa. Sometimes it doesn't bother to record. Other times I set a time and a duration and it stops for no reason somewhere in that duration (Last night scheduled for 90 mins. Started on time and stopped 40 mins into a 90 min scheduled recording)