Thread: Multiple dropped streams

Default Multiple dropped streams

I have been using Replay A/V 8.41 to record multiple radio shows every weekend for almost a year. All was fine until after Christmas. Then I started experiencing dropped streams resulting in split files that are incomplete. I record throughout the weekend on three computers connected to Comcast Broadband via a Linksys BEFW1154 Wireless B router. Two computers are wire connected and the other is wireless.

I'm guessing the problem lies somewhere between the router and my Broadband service. When I am simultaneously recording the streams drop on two programs at the same time. It doesn't happen all the time but pretty frequently. Out of 22 shows this weekend only two are complete single files.

The shows I record are 2,3 & 4 hours in length. One that is 6 hours hasn't recorded well for several weeks.

Any ideas for a solution? Is there a program fix for this?

Thanks,

Tony

Sometimes when capturing live streams, there are gaps in the transmission -- this is why the splits occurred. Here's some ways to handle this:

1) Try increasing the Stream Capture Time Out setting. This is located under Replay A/V's Main Settings, under the Tuning tab.

2) Use Audio Recording instead -- it's not as clean as Stream Capture, but you'll get a continuous recording.

Well that hasn't worked so well, either. I was optimistic as it was recording until it froze up and the audio just kept repeating. I had to close it down and restart it. I thought it would save the file since it was recording to an audio file and not a streaming file but it didn't. I was hoping to combine the file with another one recorded earlier to get a complete program but I can't do that since it didn't save.

This is isn't a problem with my computer. I'm having trouble on two different computers and the one that it froze up on has a new hard drive with a fresh install of Windows XP Media Center. It's the one I'm having the most trouble with, including this freezing up problem.

At this point, Replay isn't working for me. It's been another disappointing weekend and I will likely return to my other timer program which doesn't allow programming from multiple stations. But at least I get complete programs recorded.

At this point you need to send us a tech support ticket so we can take a look at what is going on. We will need the link to what you are capturing and the log file and this is not the place for that. Thanks.