Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The facts about the RTMP plug-in...

MTV videos still cannot be recorded especially the new ones like the America's Best Dance Crew videos.

Default working tirelessly

I suspect and hope that Applian and their wizards are working tirelessly to crack the RTMPE stream. There is nothing more rewarding to a hacker than to, well....to hack. Besides you make more money that way. If they have to move offshore, like Slysoft, well, invite me along to those nice beaches in the Bahamas!

I was doing fine with Hulu until last week. Last night it was still letting me pull short clips from SNL and other shorties, but nothing more.

In another RMC forum here someone suggested Fast Pass TV. I went over and found most of the shows I would look for on Hulu and some others I wanted but couldn't find on Hulu, like MythBusters. The quality of the shows varies, from Big 'ol AVIs to MP4 and FLVs, but I watched House last night and it looked and sounded good. You have to endure some nag screens, and the interface isn't as elegant as Hulu, but I'm not complaining (much).

So Applian, keep working on that RTMPE crack and I'll buy you a one of those funny little drinks with the umbrellas in it when you're forced to move to the Bahamas because Adobe gets their panties in a wad, 'cuz you cracked their crack!

-Stu
    Sisters, Oregon
    (Yes, there is a Sisters, Oregon and it's 95 miles west of Brothers, Oregon)!

I believe Applian has already pledged NOT to circumvent Adobe security measures in any way. I would do the same if I saw the heavy boot of Adobe's legal staff coming down on me.

However in the last week or so I have been unable to "catch" even the old 700K Flash Video RTMP streams for the shows I follow on Hulu, and there doesn't seem to be any support for that. So I have reluctantly switched to another RMC-like program called <removed by member> that (so far) is able to download these streams, including the latest episodes of current NBC and Fox shows.

I don't know how long this will last, but right now it seems to be the only game in town.
    Last edited by seventree; 03-04-2009 at 01:04 PM. Reason: remove program name

Quote Originally Posted by seventree View Post
    So I have reluctantly switched to another RMC-like program called Jaksta that (so far) is able to download these streams, including the latest episodes of current NBC and Fox shows.

I don't know how long this will last, but right now it seems to be the only game in town.
    Jaksta can not record RTMPE (hi-def hulu, for example).
    Jaksta can not record Move player (fox.com, abc.com, for example).

Please don't post this nonsense on Applian's boards. Usually I would delete your advertisement, but i just want everyone to know that what this guy claims is impossible.
    Last edited by Andy Heinlein; 03-04-2009 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seventree View Post
    I believe Applian has already pledged NOT to circumvent Adobe security measures in any way. I would do the same if I saw the heavy boot of Adobe's legal staff coming down on me.

However in the last week or so I have been unable to "catch" even the old 700K Flash Video RTMP streams for the shows I follow on Hulu, and there doesn't seem to be any support for that. So I have reluctantly switched to another RMC-like program called Jaksta that (so far) is able to download these streams, including the latest episodes of current NBC and Fox shows.

I just tested Jaksta and I wasn't able to record from FOX or any other site that Media Catcher doesn't work with. Is there some trick I am not aware of? I would be interested to know if there is program out there that is capable of capturing from sites that Media Catcher can't. I would not, however, care to see false information posted about a program to try and defer people from using our programs.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Tasha, Andy:

What I reported is what I have personally experienced. For example, several times I have attempted to record the latest episode of Simpsons on Hulu, using RMC as I have been doing for the last 6 months. However in the last week doing this has resulted in NO captures by RMC 301 or 302. The stream runs in the Flash player but the RMC listbox remains empty. Toggling the Hulu Hi-Res button does not help.

When I do the same thing using <unamed program> the Flash Video 700K stream is reliably captured and downloaded. Perhaps this has not been your experience but it has, honestly and repeatedly, been mine. I have no wish to disrespect your product (I am a licenced user of nearly everything Applian sells) but my previous posts about this situation in the last 3 days have not been answered. BTW in those earlier posts I was careful NOT to name the other program, I was just trying to present my test results clearly in the hope that someone could explain the anomaly. My goal was to start a productive dialog, not provoke confrontation.

However I will respect your wishes and not post "advertisements" or anything else on your boards in the future.

Richard Peterson

Default Mea Culpa

Ok I'm back again, this time with a humble confession.

Everything I said in my post comparing RMC with another program was true yesterday and the day before. I ran alternating tests with both programs and one of them was able to find & capture FLASH_700K (non-H264) streams from Hulu, while the other could not. However today that has changed. Now neither program can download the test episode (Simpsons 20-11), so NO OTHER PROGRAM WORKS ANY BETTER THAN RMC.

I can still get that episode with RMC via FanCast.com, which AFAIK is a legal "front" for Hulu and carries most if not all of its content. However currently they only seem to serve FLASH_480K streams which is less than ideal for HD purists but good enough for my purposes. This situation, of course, could change at any time.

Final note: I realize I should have used the Tech Support link to bring up product criticisms and comparisons instead of the public forum.

PS: I NEVER said that J**** or any other program could record RTMPE, only that on the days I ran the tests J**** could "see" a 700K RTMP stream and on the same days, RMC apparently could not; I was wondering why. Also I never mentioned ABC.com, I know their tech is ironclad. Which is why my wife and I watch "Lost" on her laptop every Friday.
    Last edited by seventree; 03-04-2009 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Added PS

I can admit to trying other clients that seem to work when RMC does not. I believe this behavior just mirrors, literally, the behavior I described elsewhere as the "yesterday I could record it --- today I could not" syndrome.

It's just that ocassionally users are hitting the servers or content that still might allow recording in the reverse order of the usual example I gave. So they briefly experience a "yesterday I could not record it --- today I could" syndrome. Whatever software is in use on the given "today" is perceived as magic.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Heinlein View Post
    Jaksta can not record RTMPE (hi-def hulu, for example).
    Jaksta can not record Move player (fox.com, abc.com, for example).

Please don't post this nonsense on Applian's boards. Usually I would delete your advertisement, but i just want everyone to know that what this guy claims is impossible.
    The name Jaksta company in slang, knowed for: "getting-***"...

Sorry couldn't resist...

Please take my comment as a joke...

Default How to install/uninstall

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Heinlein View Post

Follow these steps!
    1. Uninstall 3.01
    2. Reboot your machine (important!)
    3. Install 3.02

How do you uninstall and install? Is this an option on the application or done on the computer system some where?

I downloaded the new version, but was not able to find out how to use it.