Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The facts about the RTMP plug-in...

Red face The facts about the RTMP plug-in...

Hi...

The old RTMP plug-in was broken by Adobe a week after all those legal shenanigans took place. Holding on to it isn't helping you at all.

3.02 has a new RTMP plug-in that handles RTMP scenarios much better. No, you still can't get those Hi-Def movies off of Hulu -- you can't with the old plug-in either.

Just trust me on the fact that the new RTMP plug-in in 3.02 is much better. Holding on to 3.01 just hinders your Replay Media Catcher experience for no good reason.

Why not stop in and try out the new 3.02 today. It's a free upgrade and it is a much more handsome application.

Follow these steps!
    1. Uninstall 3.01
    2. Reboot your machine (important!)
    3. Install 3.02

Thanks y'all!
    -andy.

P.S. Please don't tell me that I suck because it doesn't work with RTMPE-only servers anymore.
    Last edited by Tasha Heinlein; 03-13-2009 at 08:56 PM. Reason: hulu no longer works

Default I can once again capture Perry Mason off of CBS

I'm happy cause now I can capture Perry Mason off of CBS again.

BTW, you dont' suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Heinlein View Post

Thanks y'all!
    -andy.

P.S. Please don't tell me that I suck because it doesn't work with RTMPE-only servers anymore.
    YOU SUCK!

Tasha

You don't suck at all. I have always been impressed with your product support. Too bad RMC doesn't (can't) work with RTMPE any more.

I actually wanted to thank you for the advice. Hulu is all but dead to me now. So I took your advice and updated to 3.02. I can rip CBS.com again!
    Hulu is still dead for any new videos. It sees them ( 360p and 480p) but doesn't rip them. RMC is still a good product for the sites it does work on however.

Thanks for the continued updates!

any fox or USA shows able to rip? hulu's not working for most.

Hi...

3.02 has a new RTMP plug-in that handles RTMP scenarios much better. No, you still can't get those Hi-Def movies off of Hulu -- you can't with the old plug-in either. But, you can get the normal-definition movies just fine.
    Actually I don't want Hi-Def. I am converting these files from FLV to MPG (for burning to SVCD discs) and the convert program won't handle H264. Anyway the old _FLASH_700K_ stream files did convert, and looked pretty good on SVCD considering it's playing from a CD.

But for about the past week neither AMC 3.01 or 3.02 catches these streams, it doesn't seem to see them. At first I thought Hulu was only streaming 360P and 480P, but when I run the trial version of a competing program, it catches and downloads a stream with a name like this:

HuluTranscode_70982_91136_FLASH_700K_16x9_23_976__ XZvFTlVZz0yp65r02-rVhg.flv

...which is what I am looking for. So apparently it is still possible to get Hulu to serve this stream format, but it isn't happening for AMC. Can you tell me why? I would like to stay with AMC, if I can solve this problem.

As a temporary workaround I am using AMC with FanCast.com, which apparently serves Hulu content but only in the _FLASH_480K_ format, obviously giving up some quality. But at this point this seems to be the only way that works.

3.02 sucks I'm going back to the old plugin.
    Last edited by Johnzo; 03-18-2009 at 11:44 AM.

I just tested Hulu with some family Guy episodes and I was able to capture them. Is there a specific video you can't capture that you can send me a link to? Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Tasha,

There are several but the one I was just testing is the latest Simpsons "How the Test was Won". That is the episode that produced the download file name from my previous post (using a competing program). Doing the same thing with RMC 301 or 302 produces no results, the download listbox stays empty while the episode plays. I was able to get a _FLASH_480K_ download of the same using RMC 302 by going to the FanCast site rather than direct from Hulu.

I don't understand all the tech details but I assume the streams with names containing _FLASH_480K_ and _FLASH_700K_ are the old "native" FLV streams, before they started encapsulating 360P and 480P H264 streams - is that correct?

One change I notice on Hulu is, I used to be able to get the 700K stream by clicking off the Watch Hi-Res option, now that just toggles between 480P and 360P. I can't find any way to fall back to the 700K streams using RMC, but I know Hulu still serves them because the other program still downloads them.

Tuesday update: downloaded latest Heroes, Medium, & Simpsons using the other program, as _FLASH_700K_ RTMP streams, this morning. So it can be done (for now). But still not with RMC.
    Last edited by seventree; 03-03-2009 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Added update

Smile

Hi...

The old RTMP plug-in was broken by Adobe a week after all those legal shenanigans took place. Holding on to it isn't helping you at all.

3.02 has a new RTMP plug-in that handles RTMP scenarios much better. No, you still can't get those Hi-Def movies off of Hulu -- you can't with the old plug-in either. But, you can get the normal-definition movies just fine.

Just trust me on the fact that the new RTMP plug-in in 3.02 is much better. Holding on to 3.01 just hinders your Replay Media Catcher experience for no good reason.

Why not stop in and try out the new 3.02 today. It's a free upgrade and it is a much more handsome application.

Follow these steps!
    1. Uninstall 3.01
    2. Reboot your machine (important!)
    3. Install 3.02

Thanks y'all!
    -andy.

Well folks, enjoy it while you can. (Rumor has it. (Anon source) http://www.hulu.com in the coming months 4 months (or earlier) will
    protect all there FLV video formats with the Adobe RTMPE streaming
    protocol systems which means: Replay Media catcher will no longer with that site. What is my advice? Take advantage of Hulu.com site current
    generosity towards RMC......
    Replay Video capture will be the only resort when hulu makes these changes.

Kind Regards.