Thread: Cannot install MPEG Encoder filter

Default Cannot install MPEG Encoder filter

Title says it all (error message received when try to capture screen)... really want mpg, rather than wmv... running RVC 3.1 - 01.17.09 on Vista64 Ultimate... thanks, in advance, for any assistance... Rw

Default I'm having the same problem ....

I'm hoping to resolve similar problem. My error message says: "Cannot install Mpeg Encoder Filter". Not sure what to do here.

In a tread back in Nov, one of the Tech's stated that this could perhaps be connected with Windows Media Center? (I have Windows XP) ... If so, have developers been able to solve this bug? .... Have been waiting about a month trying to resolve this but I don't see an answer anywhere. Where do we go from here?
    Thanks

Please see if reinstalling the program corrects that issue for you. Thanks.

Default It now works .... sometimes

Thanks for the suggestion Cheryl. I reinstalled RVC which seemed to have taken care of the error message. It now works .... sometimes.

(perhaps it's an issue for a new tread?)
    RVC will only record for about 10 mins, then the picture disappears (black screen) but the sound continues to record.
    I tried adjusting the settings but nothing seems to work:
    - File size/time were left blank to avoid placing time limits on recording time.
    - disabled and enabled video acceleration
    - disabled and enabled hardware acceleration
    - disabled and enabled full screen option
    None of these seem to work and produce the same result.
    What am I missing?
    Thanks

Default Cannot installl MPEG Encoder filter

Sometimes I am able to record in MPEG but most of the time I get the RVC Message "Cannot install MPEG Encoder filter" which prevents recording.

I need to use the Pause feature quite often and I understand it does not work with Windows Media capture. I have searched the forum and am surprised that I don't find this issue using 'MPEG Encoder' as search terms. Please help.

Using Vista on a high end gaming Dell PC.

Default Re: Cannot installl MPEG Encoder filter

technically the problem should be solved also in mpeg encoder decoder hardware not only in software, i see many people are facing this kind of problem