Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to Record a GoToMeeting webinar live?

Default Re: How to Record a GoToMeeting webinar live?

Quote Originally Posted by cabowabo View Post
    I decided to try and simply record video while waiting on assistance for the audio issue above. Well, I'm having difficulty with that as well! After I launch RVC and click Get Window and place the box over the desired window portion, and then click Record, RVC never records but continues to give me the message in the green box "initialize recording...". If I try and Stop, Windows says the program has stopped responding!

Can someone from Applian give me a call where we can get this taken care of in a timely manner and at one time? Thanks in advance! Lyle
    The "initialize recording..." problem usually happens when your audio is not configured properly. You can easily check whether this is the case by going to Settings and choosing not to record audio. Don't forget to return the Setting back after trying to record.

Setting up audio in RVC should be very easy. If you have problems with it, please specify the settings that you use (vista audio recording enabled or not) and the OS that you have.

Hello and thank you for your reply and suggestions!

I am still having difficulty getting the audio test to work correctly. Can someone help me with some recommendations? I am using W7 64-bit with on-board audio (no card) and Firefox . After pressing the Audio Setup/Test, I can hear the "bubbles" through my speakers, but it is NOT successful. I get the following error msg: Recording from internal source not available or could not be detected! Choose another Audio Input or another Audio Source from the list above. The audio input called Stereo Mix, Wave Out or What you Hear usually indicates that recording is available.

The only 2 items in the drop down Audio Source is Microphone and Line-In. The only item available in the drop down menu for Audio Inputs is Master Volume.

Any other thoughts?

Please submit a ticket to tech support if you do have this issue. You will need to let us know what version of windows you are using and if you are using windows media or MPEG 2 for recording. Also, often a reinstall will do the trick for this.

Quote Originally Posted by cabowabo View Post
    Hello and thank you for your reply and suggestions!

I am still having difficulty getting the audio test to work correctly. Can someone help me with some recommendations? I am using W7 64-bit with on-board audio (no card) and Firefox . After pressing the Audio Setup/Test, I can hear the "bubbles" through my speakers, but it is NOT successful. I get the following error msg: Recording from internal source not available or could not be detected! Choose another Audio Input or another Audio Source from the list above. The audio input called Stereo Mix, Wave Out or What you Hear usually indicates that recording is available.

The only 2 items in the drop down Audio Source is Microphone and Line-In. The only item available in the drop down menu for Audio Inputs is Master Volume.

Any other thoughts?
    You may need to install a driver from your hardware manufacturer or alternative drivers to make Wave-out mix available in Windows 7. Sometimes this is possible, sometimes not.

If don't have the Wave-Out mix for your on-board sound card, you can use "vista audio recording" option. Although it has Vista in its name, it works fine in Windows 7.

I purchased the complete suite this morning with a view to recording a meeting this afternoon. I only wanted to recorded the other users, not my own voice, and did the test which came up fine.

I have just played the video though and there is no sound! Bit annoyed really as I tried some free software a while back which did the same and was told this product was the solution to my problem

I am using Windows XP, and the RVC software. Stereo mix appeared and the test said it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
    I purchased the complete suite this morning with a view to recording a meeting this afternoon. I only wanted to recorded the other users, not my own voice, and did the test which came up fine.

I have just played the video though and there is no sound! Bit annoyed really as I tried some free software a while back which did the same and was told this product was the solution to my problem

I am using Windows XP, and the RVC software. Stereo mix appeared and the test said it worked.
    Have just used the Media Catcher Audio Recorder and that worked. So it is obviously capable of recording the video, and sound - I just need the prog to do both together!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
    Have just used the Media Catcher Audio Recorder and that worked. So it is obviously capable of recording the video, and sound - I just need the prog to do both together!!
    Go to the Settings of Replay Video Capture and try to use the Universal Audio Driver. It seems to be the same driver that is used in Replay Media Catcher for recording sound. Also make sure to start Replay Video Capture first, THEN open your web-browser and navigate to a web-page you want to record from.

I just got Replay Video Capture last night, got the setup and test recordings going just fine, I started a record at 3 this morning of a live training meeting on Go To My Webinar, did a quick test, that was fine but when I go up to view the recording, all I had was a couple of hours of a freeze frame of where I started the recording again. Any ideas? Anything different about Go To My Webinar as opposed to Go to My Meeting? I read all the posts here last night.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kthom01 View Post
    I just got Replay Video Capture last night, got the setup and test recordings going just fine, I started a record at 3 this morning of a live training meeting on Go To My Webinar, did a quick test, that was fine but when I go up to view the recording, all I had was a couple of hours of a freeze frame of where I started the recording again. Any ideas? Anything different about Go To My Webinar as opposed to Go to My Meeting? I read all the posts here last night.
    What video codec were you using?

Have you tried to play the recorded video with players other than Windows Media Player (like VLC, KMPlayer)?

Can you upload your video somewhere so that we can take a look?

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    What video codec were you using?

Have you tried to play the recorded video with players other than Windows Media Player (like VLC, KMPlayer)?

Can you upload your video somewhere so that we can take a look?

I don't know about codec. No on other players, everything I tested with last night worked. It was so large, I deleted it, I'll try again tomorrow if the same problem happens, I'll upload it, just let me know how and where.