Quote Originally Posted by cabowabo View Post
I decided to try and simply record video while waiting on assistance for the audio issue above. Well, I'm having difficulty with that as well! After I launch RVC and click Get Window and place the box over the desired window portion, and then click Record, RVC never records but continues to give me the message in the green box "initialize recording...". If I try and Stop, Windows says the program has stopped responding!

Can someone from Applian give me a call where we can get this taken care of in a timely manner and at one time? Thanks in advance! Lyle
The "initialize recording..." problem usually happens when your audio is not configured properly. You can easily check whether this is the case by going to Settings and choosing not to record audio. Don't forget to return the Setting back after trying to record.

Setting up audio in RVC should be very easy. If you have problems with it, please specify the settings that you use (vista audio recording enabled or not) and the OS that you have.