Thread: Jerkiness

Default Jerkiness

I'm a little disappointed with the quality of my recordings and I'm guessing it's something I'm doing rather than my hardware...
    I've got an AMD 3Ghz processor with 2Gb of RAM and a 512Mb graphics card so I think I've got a pretty reasonable machine, but even so, if I try and grab something using MPEG2 and a screen size comparable to PAL DVD, the resultant video is extremely jerky. If I switch to WMV it gets a little better, but not much. If I drop the quality right down to nothing more than the lowest setting, the recording's fine (at least not jerky or jumpy, just a little grainy).
    I don't have any other programs running and little in the way of background processes - anyone any ideas how to improve the quality of my recordings (short of buying a new top of the range PC!)
    Thanks

Default Re: Jerkiness

To get the best quality video with Replay Video Capture -- try the following:

1. Go to Settings, and make sure you are using the MPEG-2 video format. Also, you may want to click on "Recommended Settings" at the top and select the most fitting option according to your pc configuration.

2. Try recording from a smaller video window by resizing your player to 1/4 of your screen, or no more than 480x640 pixels. This won't affect the video quality (since video is scaled UP from smaller sizes to fit a full-screen picture). This will require less computer power to capture, which will make for smoother videos.

Please give this a try for me, and let me know if this makes a difference.

Cheryl,

Reduced the screen size to just about 650 (ish) wide and choose MPEG 2 at about 4000 and that seems to be OK - looks like I was just a little too ambitious on screen size.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a similar problem and I've made the adjustments that you recomended above but I still can't get a good recorded version of the DVD section I'm trying to record.

I altered the settings to MPEG2, increaed the bit rate to 8000kbps and made the screen I was recording form very small but the lip syncing is still out.

The picture is fine but the audio is off - how can I fix this?

Use the universal audio. To the right of it is a location to adjust the speed by increasng or decreasing. Read the hints to the right to see how to use this.

I've looked in settings but can't find the 'universal audio'?

Also, I'm on Vista - I don't know if that makes any difference?

Go to the audio test in settings. Select Vista if you are using Vista. The universal audio is in the settings on the left hand side towards the middle.