Thread: Cannot convert

Default Cannot convert

Greetings,

I have a slight problem with my recorded flv file.

I used Replay Media Catcher to record a flv and it seems to play well in the free FLV Player. Although the seeking is a bit off - I click on cca 1 minute, but it jumps to 1 minute and 20 seconds. The playback is smooth and with no problem though.
    The thing is - I can't convert this file to anything using the Converter tool of the media catcher or with Replay Converter.

I also can't play this flv file using vlc or media player classic

Gspot has this to say about the file:

MPC generates this message when trying to play the file:

It's strange that while flv player can play the file with no prob, the Replay Media Catcher's Converter Tool nor the Replay Converter can handle it although all these 3 apps are by the same company.

Thanks in advance for any tips on how to solve this
    Last edited by IJK_Principle; 02-24-2009 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IJK_Principle View Post
    Although the seeking is a bit off - I click on cca 1 minute, but it jumps to 1 minute and 20 seconds.
    So I played another flv file that play fine in both vlc and media player classic and looks like it's just FLV Player's feature to jump slightly ahead when clicking somewhere in the seek bar.