Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long downloads stop before the end

Default Long downloads stop before the end

I am trying to download some movies which are 1h and 45 minutes long each, from a site - using the Replay Media catcher. After some minutes working, the download stops, sometimes 5 minutes from the beggining, sometimes 10 or 20 minutes. Today I found out in the settings of RMC in the item Plugin options, the box " Enable superdownload", which was activated, the box marked - and below saying that in movies longer than 1 hour, this item should be not enabled. So, I thought that was the problem, I un-marked the box, but the problem kept the same.
    After, I found the same movies in other site, but the same problems happens with the RMC. It doesn't get the entire movie.
    In the first site, we must to install a player, the Microsoft Silverlight 2.0, to watch the movies. But I don't think that is the problem, because the download starts; he just stops too soon. In the second site there is no special player to install.
    May I have any tip here?
    The sites are:
    http://www.raifiction.rai.it/raifict...,,1503,00.html
    The episodes are from the sitcom" Il Comissario Montalbano" , ,and they are:
    "La luna di carta" "La pista di sabbia" "La vampa d'agosto" "Le ali della sfinge".
    La Luna di carta I got the entire movie ( it was the unique which I got all the movie and got watch it ), but in the others not, or when I got the entire 1h and 45 minutes in the others the players didn't get to play them because they are corrupted or with some problem, or the format was not readble.
    The second site where I tried to download epidodes of " Il Comissario Montalbano" in vain is http://www.montalbano.tv/Cineteca.
    I hope some help in that issue, if possible.

Default Recording the final 70% of the video

It seems my problem related above doesn't have solution - I have not even one single response.
    I would like to say waht is happening now in the site
    http://www.montalbano.tv/Cineteca, with the downloads of videos there.
    The download starts when I start one of those videos there. But the player of the site stops playing after 20- 25 minutes. And the download stops too, resulting a corrupted video file. So, I come back the player of the site some minutes, and play again the video from that moment. The RMC starts again the download, with a diferent number. The player goes until the end without problems, and the RMC get the video from the minute 20-25 until the end ( the video last about 1 h 45 minutes each )- this video file downloaded is OK, I can see it in flv player.
    So, I am getting the videos from the minute 25 until the end.
    Does anyone have any tip for me get the first 25 minutes of the video(s), in this situation?

Media Catcher is not compatible with Silverlight. As for the site where you get a corrupted file...can you explain in more detail please? Are you getting an error when the video finishes? Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default I can´t get the first 25 minutes of the video.

Quote:
    "Media Catcher is not compatible with Silverlight."
    So, I can understand now why my problems to catch the videos from the site
    http://www.raifiction.rai.it/raifict...,,1503,00.html, which uses the M Silverlight.
    But in the second site
    http://www.montalbano.tv/Cineteca ,
    the player is Adobe flash player 10. In this site happens the follow: I start the RMC, start the movie - the RMC start the download. After about 25 minutes, the video player stops, it brakes, and the file was been downloaded in the RMC
    stops too with a signal of error.
    So, manually ( with the mouse ) I come the player of the site some minutes back, and play again the video from that moment. The RMC starts again the download, with a different number. Usually the player goes from that moment
    until the end of the movie without problems, and the RMC download too. But it catches from the minute 25 until the end of the movie, in flv format. This file I get watch in flv player which Applian give us for free, from the Applian site, but I think it has some problems because the file format of the flv file conversion to avi doesn't work, ( I tried in 2 softwares of video files format conversion ) - I get a message of error, or a corrupted file during the conversion. And I can't watch it in others players which are compatible with flv format, I can watch it only in flv player of the Applian.
    In the end, I have a flv movie file, from minute 20-25 until the end, e nothing to see from the beginning of movie until the minute 20 - 25.
    I hope you got the explanation.
    Thanks for your attention.

What is the error that you get? Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by codonauta View Post
    It seems my problem related above doesn't have solution - I have not even one single response.
    I would like to say waht is happening now in the site
    http://www.montalbano.tv/Cineteca, with the downloads of videos there.
    The download starts when I start one of those videos there. But the player of the site stops playing after 20- 25 minutes. And the download stops too, resulting a corrupted video file. So, I come back the player of the site some minutes, and play again the video from that moment. The RMC starts again the download, with a diferent number. The player goes until the end without problems, and the RMC get the video from the minute 20-25 until the end ( the video last about 1 h 45 minutes each )- this video file downloaded is OK, I can see it in flv player.
    So, I am getting the videos from the minute 25 until the end.
    Does anyone have any tip for me get the first 25 minutes of the video(s), in this situation?

I suggest you try downloadhelper. Give it a try, and tell me if it works for you. It is free. You have to leave the webpage for the download to start, so do not stay on page when the video is playing. Here is the website link: http://www.downloadhelper.net/
    Last edited by Yep11111; 02-27-2009 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    What is the error that you get? Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Tasha.
    After some minutes of download ,I hear ( I heard ) that noise of stopping downloading in the RMC and appeared a signal of error at the left side : like ( ! )
    But suddenly in the last tries, yesterday and today I am getting the entire movie - I've got 2 entire movies. The first time, yesterday, I had the same signal of error at the left side : like ( ! ); so, I refreshed the site, the video started again , the download started again too and this time went until the end without problems.
    Today I tried to download another movie from the site, and the download was completed in the first try.
    The problem is that the file downloaded is coming in .php format
    I see in the file which I got today : 4518C2C5_stroboscope.php
    The file is playable in flv player of Applian, in others players too. the windows media player doesn't recognize that format, but it gets to play the file if I try it.
    The problem now is I am trying to convert this .php file into .avi, and the conversion softwares don't accept this .php
    I don't get why the file comes in .php format, and what format is this. And why this "stroboscope" word
    Do you have any tip to the conversion from this .php file?
    Thanks again for your Patience.

Default Great site

Quote Originally Posted by Yep11111 View Post
    I suggest you try downloadhelper. Give it a try, and tell me if it works for you. It is free. You have to leave the webpage for the download to start, so do not stay on page when the video is playing. Here is the website link: http://www.downloadhelper.net/
    Yep11111
    Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know the downloadhelper, and that site. It seems very useful. I just have to learn to use all that tools, but thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by codonauta View Post
    Tasha.
    After some minutes of download ,I hear ( I heard ) that noise of stopping downloading in the RMC and appeared a signal of error at the left side : like ( ! )
    But suddenly in the last tries, yesterday and today I am getting the entire movie - I've got 2 entire movies. The first time, yesterday, I had the same signal of error at the left side : like ( ! ); so, I refreshed the site, the video started again , the download started again too and this time went until the end without problems.
    Today I tried to download another movie from the site, and the download was completed in the first try.
    The problem is that the file downloaded is coming in .php format
    I see in the file which I got today : 4518C2C5_stroboscope.php
    The file is playable in flv player of Applian, in others players too. the windows media player doesn't recognize that format, but it gets to play the file if I try it.
    The problem now is I am trying to convert this .php file into .avi, and the conversion softwares don't accept this .php
    I don't get why the file comes in .php format, and what format is this. And why this "stroboscope" word
    Do you have any tip to the conversion from this .php file?
    Thanks again for your Patience.
    Try renaming the extension to .flv and see if you can convert it then.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Default The first 2 tries didn't work

I tried to do that: change ".php " for ".flv" , but the the 2 first tries in 2 conversions video file softwares didn't work. In one program, the conversion was OK until 95 % of it, then it appears an " error". The Replay Converter nor starts the conversion. It shows immediately a message of "corrupted video file", the conversion is not possible, or something like that.
    Let me explains something: in the last days I tried to download 7 movies from that site. The first 5 movies, in the download I got .flv files, and these files I got the conversion to avi without problems.
    But in the movies 6 and 7, resulted these . php files. , which I am having problems in the conversion.
    I am going to do the follow in the next days: I will try to download these movies 6 and 7 with RMC again, changing the extension .php for .flv and trying conversion again with other 2 programs of conversion which I got yesterday.
    Thanks for now.