Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non-identification of tracks. Weak excuses.

Thumbs down Non-identification of tracks. Weak excuses.

Applian, you have a serious problem with Replay Music. Loads of customers are having problems with your new track-recognition engine after you left Gracenote. I have read ALL your explanations and have tried them ALL. They are not dependable. The latest versions just do not work. Period. The only thing that works is to revert to a previous version that uses Gracenote. Then the application works excellently. I love it. But you are ruining a perfectly good product by continuing to sell a degraded application. The big question is: Why? There must be some other explanation for this. Is there a licensing problem with Gracenote? If there is, why not just say so? But making customers try all sorts of non-workable workarounds just promotes badwill.

I love this product when it works. Please. Either fix the application or give us customers a believable explanation, not lame workarounds that just cause frustration and badwill.

Again, thank you for a great application (the version that works, that is!).

Default Bardino is Right!!!

I was so impressed with RM after using it for a couple of years I upgraded to the total package and now nothing works well. I like many others emailed for help but no one from appllian tech responded. I feel like I got ripped off but that's not what really pisses me off. It's how they took a great product and turned it into garbage and now they don't care.

My guess is that there has been a change at the top and so QM and integrity with the public has taken a backseat to mediocrity. What a shame because I recommended this software to my friends and now I look like a moron.

Applian needs to go back to Grace Note or figure out Vista and get things right or at least have an area where one can download the earlier version. Nevertheless, I think it's a Windows Vista problem and so any version one downloads would be problematic.

Applian needs to come clean on this!!!!!!!

We pride ourselves on answering all tickets in a timely manner. If you have submitted a ticket to tech support and not received a response let me know the ticket number you received and I will track it down. You are correct that Vista has made it difficult to capture audio but we use Replay Music all the time with it successfully.

Make sure you are running the program as an administrator with Vista. Go to the program file name and right mouse click it. Select properties. Go to the compatibility tab and change it to run as an admin. This should correct a lot of issues. If it doesn't let us know in tech support and we will get back to you. We will need to know what you are trying to capture from and see a log file. Thanks.

Default Ms Wester Saves Applian Tech!

Well I am back in the music recording biz for now. What I am curious about is will it require that admin tweak every time I want to run RM? Now I am going to see if that will work on all the other programs I paid for.

Thanks Ms. Wester, you are the bomb!

Default How do I give RM permanent Admin Rights?

I noticed that Admin Tweak must be used every time I fire-up RM otherwise it won't recognize tracks. Can something be done to give it permanent admin rights?

Thanks

Default Always run RM with Admin rights.

This is well explained on this link (http://www.lancelhoff.com/how-to-run...trator-rights/) but only 18/26 were identified on Slacker.com.
    Last edited by JubalEarly; 02-22-2009 at 05:43 PM.

Talking no problems

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    We pride ourselves on answering all tickets in a timely manner. If you have submitted a ticket to tech support and not received a response let me know the ticket number you received and I will track it down. You are correct that Vista has made it difficult to capture audio but we use Replay Music all the time with it successfully.

Make sure you are running the program as an administrator with Vista. Go to the program file name and right mouse click it. Select properties. Go to the compatibility tab and change it to run as an admin. This should correct a lot of issues. If it doesn't let us know in tech support and we will get back to you. We will need to know what you are trying to capture from and see a log file. Thanks.
    I run RM on my Dell Vista PC. I have no problems at all. Love your software.

Default 100% Track Identification with Rhapsody

I recorded 56 songs on Rhapsody and it worked great. However, not the same can be said on Slacker.com. I am not sure if I should permanently set RM for XP or for an earlier version on the Vista compatibility window?

When you set it up for admin rights it should stay set up for you without changing anything again. I have never had this issue with it not staying. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    ? cant change to admin . ?
    Privlage level won't hilight...can you tell ne how to change this
    I hate Vista!