Thread: You Tube records twice!! - weird

Default You Tube records twice!! - weird

Hi there

Hope someone can help me with something that has started to happen recently. When I record videos from You Tube (using Replay Media Catcher in auto-mode. i.e. starting to record then going to the You Tube video) I end up with two copies of the FLV file. The moment I start playing the You Tube video I see TWO recordings start in Replay Media Catcher. When the video has been saved I have two identical FLV files.

This actually still works fine, in that I end up with a good capture of the video - it's just that i have two of them. It occurs to me that I am downloading the data twice-over which is a waste.

Can anyone tell my why this is happening?

Many thanks

Default Similiar issue with duplicate files

I have the same problem with duplicate files. It's been occurring since I installed the software and it occurs on most downloads.

I have a second problem with it. While downloading, the file usually has a valid name, such as "274_BrookeBurns_newMAXIMTV_B1AE0D70"; however, every download gets renamed to "New Video(#).flv" where the number just increments.

Hi Amiga

Interesting that you have the same/similar problem. The only difference is that I am 99% sure this didn't happen when I first started using Replay Media Catcher for YouTube - it seems to have started happening in the last few days only.

Let's hope someone has a solution, or at least a reason why this is happening. I guess I can live with it but it looks to me like everytime you download a YouTube video you are doubling up on the amount of data you are downloading (which obviously affects the time it takes to get the video).

Another thing that is puzzling is that the two identical downloads are often downloading at slightly different rates, and usually one of the copies will finish a few seconds ahead of the other!

Thanks for your comments

We are aware of this issue. The developer is working at getting a fix in place. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Hi Tasha

Many thanks for that - I'll keep an eye open for the fix.

I seem to get three and four. WindowsXP, trial version of Replay Media Catcher