Thread: Auto convert to MP3 does not work

Default Auto convert to MP3 does not work

I am thinking about buying Replay A/V for a single purpose- to record scheduled streaming talk shows for uploading to an MP3 player for listening to later in my car or while working (I live in a town with only one talk radio station- and I don't care for Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity).

So I am using the trial version to see if it will do what I want, and I already ran into a big problem.

I set it up last night to record 2 of my favorite hosts (Glenn Beck and Laura Ingraham fyi). I also set it to convert to MP3 after recording. No problems with finding working feeds, and both actually recorded for 5 minutes this am (simultaneously even!). However, when I look at the Replay A/V main menu the status for both shows say "Preparing to convert MP3". What? The shows were recorded over 2 hours ago! How long before it moves on from "Preparing" to "Doing"?

I tried opening Replay Converter and received an error message "R C has detected a version of R C already running". So something is happening- just not to completion.

Can anyone shed some light on what is preventing this from working?

What format are the original files in? What version of the converter are you using?

The files are asf.

The software is whatever comes with Replay AV 8.52C. Actually, even though I cannot start the program manually, I was able to use Process Explorer to examine the properties. It is version 2.08.0000.0000 dated 4/20/2007 1:37 AM.

THE FILES ARE ASF.

I could not be more clear. The saved audio files that were streamed and captured were in ASF format. First line of my post.

It fixed itself anyway, after I used Process Explorer to close all instances of your programs and restarted Replay AV. I now worry it may do this again, but for now we're golden.

I'm glad it is working for you. If you continue to have a problem let us know either through the forum or tech support.