Thread: about to throw the computer!!!!

Default about to throw the computer!!!!

I used my replay AV in January to record a sirius show block of two hours. Occasionally AV would split my show into 2 or 3 files, not a big deal. now it is splitting my show into 5 or 6 blocks when it records. the last few days i haven't even gotten anything recorded. according to the log it tried to connect 4 times and never got through. i have increased the stream capture time, i have deleted the show from the main screen and added it back in, so that there would not be a backlog on the log, i have plugged it up to the modem so it wouldn't be a wireless problem. i am at a loss. any suggestions? this seems to be happening between 10pm and 12am. i listen to my online subscription during the day at work with no problems. thanks for any help!

They changed the way they are doing things yesterday. Are you able to listen online now-I believe they are now charging for that. If that is not the case you need to contact tech support as a log file and other info will be needed.

I have been listing to sirius online today and have checked my computer to make sure that i can listen on my personal computer. I went ahead and did a test run and scheduled a short recording and it did fine this morning. i am on not on my home network though. i will try it at home this afternoon. if i uninstall the replay av software can i reinstall it and use my same purchase code? maybe that would help?

I'm curious too. I noticed similar problems when recording Howard Sterns Sirius show. I have the recordings set to record 6am-9am and 9am to 12pm. It worked perfectly up until a couple of weeks ago where the 9am-12pm would be chopped into 5-6 recordings. I would see the conversion screen pop up after 45 minutes, then again 7 minutes later, etc.

I had attributed it to ISP problems as my connection was having problems the first week where I would drop connection several times a day. After a cable tech fixed everything the problem was still there on my Replay AV, even though my connection was still good.

As for the charging for streaming, I thought they were starting that sometime in the middle of March. I know Sirius has changed the way they broadcast on the web in the past where we had to wait for an update from Applian. I was wondering if this was such an occasion.

i haven't even heard about the charging for streaming bit. i pay for internet radio only. i wonder if that is affected. it is good to hear that someone else has a similar problem, i was beginning to think it was my isp as well.