Thread: newbie question

Default newbie question

Hi I am looking at getting replay media catcher. But before I do so I would like to know if it does/can save the files into either MP3 or another form.

It looks a really good piece of software and would certainly help me to be able to,listen to certain concerts again that I can only listen via streaming.

Default Hope this helps

It will record as an mp3 (128 kbs bitrate 44 khz sample rate), and sometime as a m4a ( 64 kbs bitrate 22khs sample rate) you don't have control over this as far as I can see. I suppose it (bitrate/sample rate) depends where you are streaming from.

The nice thing about RMC is that is will record faster than the track is being played, where as Replay Music will only record in real time but you can select if you want it to record as an mp3 and at what sample rate.

Since I bought RMC in December2008 I no longer use the Replay Music that much. I did buy the Replay Converter but It will not transfer the mp3 track tags when it converts so I use "free mp3 wma converter" you can download it from http://www.koyotesoft.com/indexEn.html

Hope all this helps

Thanks for the info. It helps a great deal. slightly concerned about the bit rate as I prefer my music on my iPod to be at least 192 kbps. But I suppose if it means I can have stuff I can't find elsewhere it's a bonus just to have it.