Thread: media catcher new feature: queue downloads & set max simultaneous downloads

Default media catcher new feature: queue downloads & set max simultaneous downloads

A needed feature for replay media catcher would be to have the option to que downloads & be able to set how many active download can run at the same time.

as I am on cable lite 512k connection with a total download speed of 50-60kb/sec

I like to record hi quality movies so having more than one download running at the same time causes my download speed to be too low for some movie sites thus the connection is dropped.

it would be nice to have the ability to place 3 or 4 movies in the list & have the program start recording the next movie once the current file has completed or stopped.

Default Re: media catcher new feature: queue downloads & set max simultaneous downloads

Couldn't agree more. This would save bandwidth when you want to set up multiple streams for capture and reduce the risk of getting blocked from some services because you're making multiple simultaneous connections.

For example, I pay for a service that streams video art tutorials. But I want to watch these tutorials on my iPad. The tutorials are broken into multiple parts which means if I want to capture them all I either have to connect to multiple streams and risk the wrath of the site admins (and suck up all my bandwidth), or wait for each stream to download before triggering the next (in which case I may as well sit there and watch the videos).

A max simultaneous download setting would solve all this.

Default Re: media catcher new feature: queue downloads & set max simultaneous downloads

I was not aware of this thread when I posted my "Feature Request for RMC: Download playlists (who is in favour).. " message.
    Think this one is (partly?) also covering my request. Wud suggest to send a Feature Request to Applian separately. I have done so as well.

We might have a better chance then...

AFAIK the "max simultaneous downloads" has a high priority, so we should see it pretty soon.

Just adding my vote for this feature that I'd find very useful, as already mentioned here: https://forum.applian.com/showthread...oads-be-queued

Hey there - your suggestion has been received and my colleague Shellie has forwarded it to our programmer

Thanks!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Excellent! Thank you.

Thumbs up Re: media catcher new feature: queue downloads & set max simultaneous downloads

Beta-testing RMC 4.2.0. It can limit the number of simultaneous downloads!!!