Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merging two video files

Default Merging two video files

Can I join two video files using any of the Replay Capture Suite products? It seems like Media Splitter should have this capability but I can't figure out how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by jtmccabe View Post
    Can I join two video files using any of the Replay Capture Suite products? It seems like Media Splitter should have this capability but I can't figure out how to do it.
    Hi

Unfortuantely, at this time we do not have any programs that can do this, nor can we recomend any. Perhaps another AAC member will respond and suggest something, but Applian is not able to.

Thanks for your understanding,
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by jtmccabe View Post
    I assume you want to append one video file after another? What are the video formats that you want to join? Are the video files that you want to join the same format? The reason I am asking these questions, is we are thinking about adding this feature to our products, but we are first trying to see what is the demand for this feature and what are the most common video formats people want to join. If anybody else would benefit from this feature please let us know in this thread.

Thanks,
    Mike Christensen

I currently use a program called Studio from Pinnacle. Which works fine but I really would like to have everything in one program. Now I am using several programs to do what I am doing.

I just have a camcorder that uses the minitapes and I do edit these. I can usually put everything together though with using faders or scene breaks.

I also use the program to make videos and such for my PSP. So far I have had to go outside of Applian to do this also. Susi

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Christensen View Post
    I assume you want to append one video file after another? What are the video formats that you want to join? Are the video files that you want to join the same format? The reason I am asking these questions, is we are thinking about adding this feature to our products, but we are first trying to see what is the demand for this feature and what are the most common video formats people want to join. If anybody else would benefit from this feature please let us know in this thread.

Thanks,
    Mike Christensen
    My scenario is this: I have several .AVI files on my digital camera and I want to edit portions out and stick the good parts all together into one video. I wouldn't mind converting the .AVIs to some other format first if that were necessary, provided I could do that with your Converter app. It seems like this feature would be just as necessary as the video-splitting feature, so I'm sure it would benefit lots of users. Thanks for considering it.

Default Citiwebs

first trying to see what is the demand . .

The demand is great. Go for it.

Default Merging two video files

Yes, I would also like to be able to merge files. Any format. Can always convert first.

Thanks!

Helmer

I would be interested too. Format isn't a big deal 'cause you can convert it first.

Smile

Cobra, Windows Movie Maker can be used to join 2 files to 1 and, it comes with windows.

Actually i'd like to add that this CAN be done with WM Recorder.

You're able to use it to convert/merge/split files, i've used the merge feature quite a few times and it seems to work quite well!

I Hope this helps.

Jeff
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.