Thread: Converts FLV to

Default Converts FLV to

I just bought / loaded Replay Converter after using Replay Media Catcher for a while. I want to convert an FLV file to avi or mpeg4 or wmv or something / anything.

When I use Replay Converter, it runs successfully, but my 16 MB FLV file gets converted to a 307 KB avi or a 364 KB wmv file. They clearly don't have the information from the FLV! I tried the Troubleshoot, and it converted again to the 300+ KB file.

Converting to audio - MP3 - failed. Setting it at Troubleshoot still failed.

Any ideas of what I can do? Thanks.

Please make sure you are using the latest version of our converter. Then if you still have an issue contact tech support as a log file and additional information is going to be needed. A suggestion is to try a different flv file from a different source and see if it works. It could also be the file itself that is giving you the problem.

Default updated converter

I reloaded the converter through the Converter software (instead of through the Suite software) and it now converts. There is a timing mismatch between the audio and video, but I remember seeing a thread about that.

Thanks for the very quick response - both from you and from Tech Support.

Default Audio / Video not synchronized

I thought I saw this problem posted somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

When converting FLV to AVI, MP4, and burning to a DVD, the audio is a couple of seconds ahead of the video - they are not synchronized.

The audio / video are synchronized fine on the FLV ... just not the converted files. Thanks again!

David

We are aware of this issue happening in some cases and the developers of both programs are working on it. It happens with a lot of converters-not just ours-if we get a fix we will have an update.