Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SWF-VERIFICATION --- lets discuss this now please!! RMC about to become usless?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Hey Folks,

Please keep in mind this is ONLY for NEW purchases of Replay Media Catcher. Those with existing purchases/downloads PRIOR to 1/28/2009 will not see these changes, and will be able to record everything just as they were before.

(From the FAQ's):

Will my current copy of Replay Media Catcher change?

No. If you've installed Replay Media Catcher 3.01 prior to January 28, 2009, no new plug-in downloads will occur unless you delete the old files on your PC.
    Jeff,

Sites such as CMT, VH1, MTV, and Hulu (for HD only) have recently switched on RMPTE with SWF Verification and therefore replay media catcher - even the pre-01/28/09 version - no longer works on such streams. It seems that RMPTE w/SWF Verification was switched on within days of Applian settling their dispute with Adobe by removing the spoofing of SWF verification.

I agree that RVC is a good product, but to suggest that it can produce as good quality compared to a copy of the original flv file is probably not correct.
    Last edited by sadsac; 02-08-2009 at 07:10 PM.

You guys are correct that some of these sites have started implementing a new Adobe security measure. Media Catcher does not work, but we did not make any updates to the older versions plug-ins. We still recommend using Replay Video Capture for these sites that Media Catcher will no longer capture. I think that we've posted on this thread enough times that there isn't much else to say. You guys know the drill - for more info check out the latest FAQ:

http://www.applian.com/replay-media-...p-measures.php

There is nothing further for us to add.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Hey Folks,

Please keep in mind this is ONLY for NEW purchases of Replay Media Catcher. Those with existing purchases/downloads PRIOR to 1/28/2009 will not see these changes, and will be able to record everything just as they were before.

(From the FAQ's):

Will my current copy of Replay Media Catcher change?

No. If you've installed Replay Media Catcher 3.01 prior to January 28, 2009, no new plug-in downloads will occur unless you delete the old files on your PC.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding, and please feel free to Read through the FAQ's as Tasha Posted on the previous page. Link to the faq's here: Replay Media Catcher/Adobe FAQ's

Please also keep in mind, if you're NOT able to record any particular video stream using Replay Media Catcher, we do offer a great Screen Capture tool called Replay Video Capture. While not as simple as recording and walking away from your pc, it does get the job done..and in fact I use it myself weekly on NetFlix (and other) Videos on my home pc.
    Jeff, a lot of folks update when they see a new version offered, without any clue that it would castrate the product. The FAQ states what Applian did, but the Updates page AND the Download page did not.

And so once updated, how can we get the older version back? Is Applian willing to put the setup file for that version back up? I have the older setup files - for all versions - but they all download from the Applian site and install the crap again.

Jim

Edit: Also, pushing users to purchase yet another application without giving any relief for the one you sold and then ruined is pretty disgraceful IMO. I already purchased Replay Music way back when, upgraded to the Suite when it was released, then had to upgrade to the Suite a second time because the first one sold was missing programs that you offered a couple months later - and Applian NEVER allows an updated program to be used by existing users but instead makes them upgrade all over again - and then when you finally developed the technology to capture all the things that Replay AV and the Suite was never able to do well, what did you do? Sold it as another new program: Replay Media Catcher. And then we all know what you did to that.

And now you are all advising us to purchase yet another program to do what you just crippled RMC so it can no longer do? Wow - if I wrote a book like this no one would believe it!
    Last edited by J-Mac; 02-08-2009 at 09:27 PM.

hey yall, REPLAY VIDEO CAPTURE can't do nearly as much as replay media catcher can do.

It's ridiculous. really. RVC takes up TWICE AS MUCH SPACE, yet is much more complicated (can't do anything else, or move mouse through square, or use computer while loading) and CANNOT work without lagging. the video on high def in hulu DOES NOT WORK WITHOUT LAGGING ridiculously.

I give up. I want the replay media catcher back, if it only downloads low def that's fine, i'll take waht i can get. but your business model is FLAWED because we pay good money but you guys say that oh, buy another one of our products so we can disable it in a month or two then make you buy another one. your customer satisfaction must be terrible.

Default Better alternatives?

While I am disappointed that RMC can no longer download from many sites, I understand Applian's position, and that this is not their fault. I do think that Applian could do better by providing a free version of Replay Video Capture. Even if it was free, it still does not provide the same functionality as RMC. Capturing video, also means capturing commercials, and dedicating your PC to the capture process (any on screen movement is captured, including mouse movements)while the video plays. $9.95 is not much, but a free copy would be better compensation. It would certainly keep my business (I also own Replay Music)

Even if it was free for users who purchased RMC in the last x (30, 60, etc.) number of days. I can understand why someone would be upset if they had just purchased it in the last 30 days.

How 'bout it Applian? A free copy of Video Capture (even a special edition would help) for existing RMC customers?

Also, if anyone can find something that does work, it would be great to point the rest of us in that direction. Thanks.

I want a free copy of RMC. i upgraded to RVC before finding out it is CRAP. it lags! ridiculously. at least RMC played without too much lag. please send me a code for RMC.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfang196 View Post
    I want a free copy of RMC. i upgraded to RVC before finding out it is CRAP. it lags! ridiculously. at least RMC played without too much lag. please send me a code for RMC.
    If you ordered RVC within the last 30 days you can submit a ticket to Customer Service politely asking for a refund. This is not the place to ask for a refund your request will not be heard by the people who can help you with this. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

but i don't want a refund. I want to change my RVC code to a RMC code. Since RVC won't work well without lagging.

basically, i had RMC, then i wanted to switch that but they refunded so i had to get RVC, and now that i found out that it is terrible, i would like to siwtch back to RMC.

I've been trolling this thread (and these forums) for a while now..i'm blown away by each response I see. How clueless are you guys?

Why do you think applian only give the same canned answers? I'm a law student, but it doesn't take a genius to see what's going on here: Adobe sued applian or THREATENED to sue them if they didn't stop recording their streams. Adobe then CHANGED their formats somehow after applian made a press release stating that NEW members/customers would not be able to use it for rtmpe sites after a certain date. Therefore, adobe is screwing everybody, not applian.

It's not applians fault that Replay Media Catcher isn't working on these sites any more than it's applians fault that NYC was attacked on 9/11.

Applian is getting screwed by this too...they're probably losing business, and they're getting upset and unruly customers over something they have NO control over.

/Rant