Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SWF-VERIFICATION --- lets discuss this now please!! RMC about to become usless?!?!?!?

Exclamation SWF-VERIFICATION --- lets discuss this now please!! RMC about to become usless?!?!?!?

"The only software that lets you capture streaming Flash Video (FLV format) and MP3 Audio from previously unrecordable streams." no longer...no longer...unfortunately

well...seriously... im pissed!

there are some threads already dealing with the problem but I d really like to discuss this in full length now as this problem is about to make RMC irrelevant if not totally useless.

the problem:

in short...almost evey website streaming cool videos is about to switch or already has switched to flash player 10

flasher player 10 offers swf-verification which in short makes it unable to capture any stream with RMC

RMC wont adopt to this?

despite having updated every plug in to its newest version, deleating cookies...and so on... RMC doesnt capture it... in my case a RTMP stream on mtv.com

having read some threads on the forum i had to found out that :

quote Jeff Lenney, Applian Stuff:
    We have resolved a dispute with Adobe Systems Incorporated, [...], by agreeing not to circumvent any Secure RTMP Measures developed by Adobe.

https://forum.applian.com//showthread.php?t=1451

Questions:

which means applian wont develop any solution to this??

thats it?? done??

what do i need RMC for now if i cant capture the most streams?

i d really liked to hear from the staff or engineers about that...

P.S.
    i bought RMC coz i was tired of all the URL sniffing, grabbing or fishing or what so ever... and i really enjoyed the program! best thing to download streams so far...now...??

though that is just my opinion... if u guys keep this policy of not adopting or developing a tool to bypass the swf-verification u can shut down this company
    "The only software that lets you capture streaming Flash Video (FLV format) and MP3 Audio from previously unrecordable streams." ...no longer...no longer...unfortunately...

For any information on these changes, please check out the latest FAQ. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Thumbs up

omg...wow...thats even less i expected!! a link to the latest FAQs...

While these Secure RTMP sites are a tiny percentage of the video recorded by Replay Media Catcher, some customers may be affected.

u must be kidding... except youtube every major site streaming cool videos is about to switch or has already switched.

whatever...im done with u applian folks...RMC is nothing but a useless thing now...and be sure i will let everybody know about this... take care!

I made my own tool to capture any RTMPE/RTMP stream with SWF verification and so far it's been working fine for dumping AVC from Crunchyroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Elk and Oreos View Post
    omg...wow...thats even less i expected!! a link to the latest FAQs...

While these Secure RTMP sites are a tiny percentage of the video recorded by Replay Media Catcher, some customers may be affected.

u must be kidding... except youtube every major site streaming cool videos is about to switch or has already switched.

whatever...im done with u applian folks...RMC is nothing but a useless thing now...and be sure i will let everybody know about this... take care!

My 2 ¢'s on this:
    As you can see, Applian is simply protecting it self. Now getting around
    these RTMP protected streaming protocols is now concidered a
    problem. (illegal) now, Applian is still on your side BTW...you have an app
    like Replay Video Capture. (which works great) it is believed (myth) that,
    some app'(s) out there will record of these RTMPE/HTTPS or any adobe
    stream system with encryption but, these software's come from
    out side the US (Antigua) and, they simply are not breaking any laws which can make them unaccounted for libel.

Default RMC about to become useless

1 thing folks might doi is back up their RMC program folder (esp the plugins).

That may (or may not) help if you have to reinstall stuff in the future,

C

Quote Originally Posted by chetcope View Post
    1 thing folks might doi is back up their RMC program folder (esp the plugins).

That may (or may not) help if you have to reinstall stuff in the future,

C
    Agree with you and did so last night...a shame that Adobe had to throw their (bloated) weight around...

the problem:

in short...almost evey website streaming cool videos is about to switch or already has switched to flash player 10

flasher player 10 offers swf-verification which in short makes it unable to capture any stream with RMC
    SWF Verification only requires Flash version 9.0.115.0.
    We have resolved a dispute with Adobe Systems Incorporated, [...], by agreeing not to circumvent any Secure RTMP Measures developed by Adobe.

which means applian wont develop any solution to this??

thats it?? done??
    Yes.
    i d really liked to hear from the staff or engineers about that...
    Sorry, me too but I don't think so. The original thread you mention answers your questions: "All we are legally allowed to say on the issue is" this

Quote Originally Posted by HorribleSubs View Post
    I made my own tool to capture any RTMPE/RTMP stream with SWF verification and so far it's been working fine for dumping AVC from Crunchyroll.
    I need that tool! T_T

Quote Originally Posted by wantlivenow View Post
    I need that tool! T_T
    Me too.