Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CBS not working any longer?

Default Can't record Hulu either

Quote Originally Posted by zanefan View Post
    It's just more convenient than recording them on DVD and then converting them.
    Exactly. Please just completely avoid websites that can't be recorded. Our numbers aren't large, but we are somebody. All it took was Amazon to start allowing DRM free music, the herd turned, and iTunes followed soon after.

Hulu is now enforcing a new restriction. Can anyone record
    http://www.hulu.com/toy-soldiers
    ?
    The way it is going, if no one complains to legislators and content providers, and no one votes at their polling place, with their feet, and elsewhere with their wallets, we will have to download a dedicated player for every network, cable TV, and sattelite channel in existence. And we will need a dedicated player installed on every device because we will have to buy a multimedia file for the cellular phone, for the HDTV, for the portable player, and the next great device.

Agreed, Lida. I only use the program on CBS.com for the soaps, that's the only reason I bought the license.

Criminey, it's not like people are SELLING this stuff. It's just more convenient than recording them on DVD and then converting them.
    For me its not even all the episodes, i want to clip certain scenes and keep them on my computer. I wouldnt mind recording on dvd, but i cant since i dont live in the US.

BTW i tried video capture but there's no comparison on quality, i am better off then with the avi's that you can download.
    Last edited by Lida; 02-02-2009 at 03:06 PM.

I was under the impression that this only affected NEWLY installed RMC programs? Those of us who have had the program for a while should still be able to capture these sites, no?

That's the way I read it, too, but that's not been the case with me. I can't record the things that it seems like I should be able to since I've had RMC for a while.

FYI
    I was able to record Saints and Soldiers from HULU.
    I didn't sign into HULU to do this.
    Then I logged into HULU and recorded Dragonheart and Killing Zoe at the same time.
    I was curious if logging in made a difference or the number of streams to my IP address was a factor.