Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replay Video Capture error: Cannot Install Screen Capture Filter

Default Re: Cannot Install Screen Capture Filter

and so I try it once more and now it works

go figure

Default Re: Cannot Install Screen Capture filler

I am getting the same error message ... I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version and it makes no difference - still get the same error message.

its definitely intermittent as it always worked from day one of purchase (used infrequently) then I uninstalled when I hit the error message and reinstalled latest version - worked ok a few times - now this afternoon its back to the same very annoying error message :-(

I'm encountering this error for the first time today. I used the program for several months with no problem, but didn't use it for a while until today and now I get this error. Is it possible to just re-install this component? Do I have to uninstall it first?

For those having this issue:

It's POSSIBLE that this could be related to direct x... but chances are that this will not be able to be resolved.... 9/10 times there is nothing we can do about this error unfortunately.

However, please make sure you have the latest version of DirectX that your video card will support and if that DOESN'T fix it, then there's really nothing else we can do and this is what Microsoft would call a "fatal error", unfortunately.

Let us know the results please, and thanks in advance for your patience.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

same problem running vista and version 3.2 of video capture; it is very difficult to recommend this product - I have had problems with it since the first day purchased

Default Re: Replay Video Capture error: Cannot Install Screen Capture Filter

I recently purchased the Replay Video Capture software and successfully used it to create a marketing video on Windows 7. When I attempted to make a second video, however, I kept getting the error message "Cannot install screen capture filter." Is there a way to fix this? If not, can I get a refund? Thanks for your help!

Since about a month I am constantly getting this now as well. Before seeing this thread I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked ok...BUT after a few days its doing it again. I just updated Direct X and that didnt work. I don't fancy having to keep uninstalling and reinstalling every time I want to use it and of course a 2 Min's quick capture jobs turns out each time to a major drama. Please whatever you changed in the last update can you fix as it has ruined a fantastic piece of kit.

Make sure you are running the program under an administrative account. Have it allowed in your firewall. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Make sure you are running the program under an administrative account. Have it allowed in your firewall. Thanks.
    I have done that and its still broken. It was ok before the last update.This really is not good enough. Roll it back ..its useless like this :-(