Thread: Can I use At-Large to record from a DVR?

Default Can I use At-Large to record from a DVR?

I watch most of my stuff here in Dubai (sent from the USA via Slingbox) from what I've recorded onto my DVR... if I ever get the freezing problem sorted out, I'd like to be able to use At Large to record whatever recording that I'm streaming from my DVR... but, the DVR doesn't stream recordings from a "channel"... from what I've seen in At Large, you must select a channel to record from... anyone know a way around this, such as to have at large record whatever I'm streaming on the Slingbox, and not have to "program" At Large to record something...?

Thanks...lokar
    Last edited by lokar; 01-10-2009 at 09:30 PM.

It can be done. Works best if you record your shows on the DVR via the 'manual' method. Say your show is on from 10 PM to 11 PM. Use manual timer on the DVR to set the recording to 9:55 PM to 11 PM. This will give you 5 minutes. When your show has been recorded run SlingPlayer software, access your DVR menus, find the recorded show, play the show, (you have 5 minutes before you actual show really starts). Shut down SlingpPlayer completely. Run At-Large Recorder 2, schedule a "record now" recording. It doesn't matter what channel you use here. Set the hours and minutes properly. Choose finish button. It worked for me. You can do it by using the record later option too. With DirecTV they have the DVR Scheduler where you can schedule recordings via the internet or use your mobile telephone. You need to first register for an account at directv.com and your DVR must be supported. So to recap you need to get the DVR to play the recorded show a few minutes before your show starts within SlingPlayer and then close it and run At-Large Recorder.