Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cannot Record from HULU any longer

I have a hard time beleaving that they set something up to block this app from their website. I live in the U.S. and it is still working just fine here.

Now, what I am thinking is that:
    1:Your browser is conecting through a proxy, but RMC is not, and they are seeing this and blocking the IP that RMC is using.
    2: Anti-ad tools, like Add Block Plus, might also be interfering with how it works.

I think you are onto something.

Hotspot Shield changes the browser home page to display a full page ad at the beginning of each session. It changes the search engine and modifies the TCP/IP stack with what looks to me like a full VPN.

Interestingly, it's not an ad blocker. It's an add adder. The service is paid for by its Persistent Digital Browser Billboard. Every page view presents an ad superimposed over the intended page (visually blocking the intended host's ad).

Hotspot Shield has a 3GB - 5GB cap per rolling 30 day period, but does allow purchase of additional bandwidth.

So I'm thinking any one of these could hinder Hulu's content delivery.

Hi all,

I am having the same problem as Ralph. Being outside the US, I use Hotspot Shield to access the videos on Hulu, while using RMC to capture the video. This worked great up until today... I can still view the shows, running Hotspot Shield, but RMC no longer can capture them. I get the same error message Ralph mentioned, along with the message about being unable to load the advertisement. The ads have always been blocked, though, using Hotspot Shield, and yet RMC has still captured the video. For the record, I am using FF3 with Adblock Plus disabled.

I would think if the problem originated with Hulu blocking access to Hotspot Shield users, that we would be unable to view the videos at all.

Default Also unable to capture hulu video

I am having the exact same new problem that others have identified. This is that until today I could easlily capture Hulu videos using hotshield and RMC. Newly today, with the same RMC settings that I have been using successfully in the past, I can view Hulu videos with hotshield, but I cannot capture them with RMC. RMC cancels each attempt at capturing (showing a the red circle with ! inside), and reports 0 bytes.

I have no ad blocking enabled.

The fact that so many RMC users are reporting the same problem suggests that the problem lies elsewhere than with any settings on users' computers.

Default Experiencing Same Problem

I am also experiencing the exact same problem. RMC worked wonderfully with Hulu through Hotspot Shield for many weeks. All of a sudden it has stopped working altogether. Sometimes the ads get recorded but the actual programing is never recorded. It does not matter which program one tries to record. Please help.

I too am experiencing this problem. The funny thing is if Hulu blocked Hotspot Shield then the video would not stream at all. However, it's Replay Media Catcher that can't record the video. I'm confused :S Can someone please help?

Default Same for me

using Hotspot Shield, GPass or UltraSurf. Also applies for CBS, Fox and ABC. The comercials are catched perfectly ;-/. Dear Dev(s), please check.

Thanks a lot,
    Jens

Default Ditto

It doesn't appear that this is an issue with Hotspot. I am in the US and downloaded Media Catcher last night and tried recording HULU It worked on Veoh just fine, so it appears that HULU has done something to thwart downloading of their videos. Hopefully a fix will be coming soon!

Has anyone approached Hotspot Shield support?
    If so what did they suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by flvrec0r3r View Post
    Has anyone approached Hotspot Shield support?
    If so what did they suggest?
    RMC is not the issue. It's the hot spots. I tried another app and, It gives immediate failures, 0 Bytes too. Just think of RVC as your DVR...