Thread: recorded videos won't play

Default recorded videos won't play

I use Windows Vista on my PC.

I have recorded a number of videos with Replay Video Capture in MPEG-2 format. The recordings worked fine previously when I played them after recording. But now none of them will show the video using Real Player or the Replay Video Capture "Play" button. However the audio plays fine.

My Windows 9 format videos continue to play fine.

Help.

Hi

I have similar problem with .flv files downloaded in Media Catcher. They played back OK after download now a few weeks later some wont play in realplayer or applian flv player.

This is the first I have heard of this. Did you update your adobe flash player? Did you have a windows update that just happened? Again, I'm just asking. Perhaps someone else has some more information on this.

I may have had a Windows update in the midst of this but can not remember for sure.

Another piece of information ... when I attempt to record a flash video now using the MPEG format I have the same result. No video shows but there is audio when I play it back.

I tried Replay Catcher and it worked fine. The videos played perfectly.
    I decided that Replay Video Capture was more like what I wanted.
    I Downloaded Capture and recorded a UTube clip. Catcher didn't seem to know I had downloaded anything. I went looking and found 2 RVC files. I can play both with Windows player but they are very jerky.
    I an running XP SP3, 1.8 GHz centrino, 2 GB of memory.
    Why does Catcher work perfectly and Capture fail?
    Thanks.

Media Catcher is a stream capture program. It captures what is on the stream in the native format with the native quality. Replay Video Captcher is a screen capture program. As it is copying what you have on your screen the quality is not as good as it is for a stream capture program. For YouTube the ideal program is Media Catcher.