Thread: after recording, it makes 2 files.Why?

Default after recording, it makes 2 files.Why?

I just downloaded the tool bar, and like it very much. It does what other recording software doesn't do on my Vista. But sometimes have have trouble recording some sounds, like Pandora music. What I am concern about, that after I make a recording, it places two separate files in my destination folder. One that works and the other one doesn't. Why does it do that? I am still learning this, so there might be a setting that I am not doing right. I have tried to place my destination to two different locations. but it still does it. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any suggestions.

I had the same problem. The reason why you have two files, is that in the Freecorder settings, you have ticked more than just the top box. The second box you have ticked is to record something from a microphone, which is the reason why there is nothing audible on that file, that is assuming you do not have a microphone plugged in.

Just tick the top box, and leave the other two boxes unticked, and all should be well - hope this helps.

Default 2 files & poor audio since upgraded

Which boxes? I only have "Record from Audio Driver" checked & "ask for file name "before recording. I get 2 files saved for every recording.

Didn't have any problems with original freecorder. Since installing toolbar the plalback is bad using the original setting (have a lot of base). Have attempted to adjust evry comtrol in Sounds and audio properties" but nothing changes.
    Any suggestions????

Default several files generated

i've got the same issue, excpet rather trhan 2 files being generated i get several. The weird thing is there doesn't seem to be a size limit to the files, each is a different size (from less than 1MB to more than 20MB).

It would be great to get this sorted out, as this is exactly the type of app i've been looking for

any ideas anyone??

Same thing. I got 2 files when i tries to record more than 2 songs one after another. If you have a pause betwen two songs freecorder separte them and save like a two files.

Default can't be done using Freecorder 3 Toolbar

Looks like a limitation of the software. fair enough, since it is free. Anyway below is the email conversation i had with tech support

Hi Amar,

The toolbar is a basic audio recorder. There is no setting to allow you to ignore silence. It will create a new file when it detects this. If you'd like you can check out Replay Media Catcher. This is what we normally recommend for capturing BBC radio.

http://applian.com/download-videos/

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Date: 04 March 2009 08:01
    amar
    [email protected]
    IP: 193.35.12.2 Subject: several files generated when recording

Hello,

I have been using the Freecorder 3 Toolbar to record spoken word plays from the BBC Radio 4 internet station.

The problem i am having is that several separate files are being generated during the record process.

I think the issue is because the play (approx 1.5 hours in length) has pauses bewteen conversations between the actors. Is there anyway of preventing Freecorder 3 Toolbar from creating separate files when it encounters a pause??

I've checked on the forum, it appears several people have the same issue. Also, i can't see in the manual how to switch off "new file generation on pause"

Any ideas??

Thanks

AMAR
    p.s. great product by the way, it could be the answer to my problems!