Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Genpuid.exe/firewall issue

Default Same problem w/ 3.56

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Our latest version, 3.56 should do the trick for you. If it doesn't let us know in tech support as we will need more information from you.
    I have the same problem w/ version 3.5.6

Default Same problem here with 3.56

I've got the exact same problem here with v3.56 and Zone Alarm, as originally described by Mutley.

Applian - what are you doing to solve this? It's not good enough to tell customers that it's fixed when it's clearly not.

Default RM 3.60 Still Has Problem

Cheryl:

I am a long-time user of RM and Zone Alarm firewall. I understand how both work. They always worked flawlessly together until recent RM versions. I just installed RM 3.60, and it still has the same problem described above making Zone Alarm think it's a new program each time it is used, and there fore asking for permission.

Default Zone Alarm Problem

Any resolution?

Unhappy Same Problem with ZA, RM 3.6

Here's my "two-pennyworth" just bought RM 3.6, excellent software, apart from this annoying glitch with the repeat permissions needed in Zone Alarm.

To ADMIN/APPLIAN STAFF please sort this out, I have paid for this software, and I don't think its unreasonable to expect it to work faultlessly.
    here's hoping
    pete.
    Last edited by petekins; 06-24-2009 at 07:18 AM.

I have exactly the same problem and I am running version 3.6. This was one of my favourite programs and it worked like a dream with Gracenote . I have had problems with Genpuid.exe with Replay Media Catcher and Zone Alarm so knew I was in for trouble when I saw it pop up in Replay Music.Its a pain to keep having to give permissions to the same programme or else nothing gets tagged. I hope you manage to resolve this as the beauty of the program was the fact that you could just let it run and know that all that was taken care of.
    Sean
    Last edited by seancyril; 06-24-2009 at 08:07 AM.

The developer is aware of this issue and working on it. thanks for your patience.

Just upgraded to RM 3.6. Using Norton 360 as virus and firewall protection. The Genpuid.exe program shows up numerous times in the firewall list and Norton is handling it automatically.

The application is tagging some songs, but many more are not being tagged. The tag rate is much lower than when RM used Gracenote. It also seems to vary depending on the source of the tracks.

One strange thing. When I look into the RM log, for the exact same session, using the same source, RM sometimes tags the files, and other times it reports that the Genpuid process timed out or was cancelled. It then reports a possible firewall error. How can there be a "sometimes" firewall error within the same session?

Default Re: Genpuid.exe/firewall issue

I have the latest version (4.40 11-05-2011) and I am having the same trouble - no tags at all. I am running Microsoft Security Essentials and have instructed the Firewall to allow Replay through, but to no avail. Not sure how to tell it to allow genpuid.exe through.

Default Re: Genpuid.exe/firewall issue

With the latest version please use the audio driver. Check genpuid. It should work great for you. If you continue to have an issue please do contact tech support with details and a complete log file.