Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recording From Fabchannel??

Default RVC is not the solution

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    Media Catcher is currently not working on Fabchannel.com. Thank you all for the feedback, we are looking into this. In the mean time you will need to use Replay Video Capture on this site.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.
    Sorry to say but RVC is not the solution (however a nice product) since it will capture also other screen parts (among commercials) that can not be avoided and when i tried (trial version) the full screen only froze (clever guys at fabchannel.com ? Really hope you get the RMC working again

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AudioArt View Post
    Sorry to say but RVC is not the solution
    Well............. it is for now... RVC may be the BEST when it come to downloading
    files that are not supported by protected internet protocol streams systems.
    (encrypted FLV videos) because, your recording the screen and, not the
    actually file...

Now, you state when going full screen on RVC, if you have a decent video card like 128 MB use a smaller size window to record it. If you have a 512 MB video card...with at least 1 gig of ram...installed. Full screen works perfectly fine.
    RVC works superbly on high end video cards.

About avoid commercials...contact Andy and, basically ask for a pause option like ScreenCast.

Kind Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by AudioArt View Post
    Sorry to say but RVC is not the solution (however a nice product) since it will capture also other screen parts (among commercials) that can not be avoided and when i tried (trial version) the full screen only froze (clever guys at fabchannel.com ? Really hope you get the RMC working again
    Hi Art,

You're able to select the area on the screen to record using the markers. I've used this feature myself for countless recordings, of different sizes.

Anyways, a few tips: To get the best quality video with Replay Video Capture - try the following:

1. Go to Settings, and make sure you are using the MPEG-2 video format. Also, you may want to click on "Recommended Settings" at the top and select the most fitting option according to your pc configuration.

2. Try recording from a smaller video window by resizing your player to 1/4 of your screen, or no more than 480x640 pixels. This won't affect the video quality (since video is scaled UP from smaller sizes to fit a full-screen picture). This will require less computer power to capture, which will make for smoother videos.

Let me know if this makes a difference.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.