Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recording From Fabchannel??

Default Recording From Fabchannel??

Hi- first post here, so please be gentle!

I want to grab a show from this site - not something I've done in the past so I 'googled' how to do this and it suggested RMC and I've downloaded the demo version.

I just cannot get it to work on Fabchannel- I've checked it on a couple of other sites and it captures just fine (Only through Firefox though, not IE7), but not fabchannel. There are instructions on this site which suggests you will find some html code at the bottom of the fabchannel web page - I'm not seeing that at all -I've tried both IE7 and Firefox to look for this.

Can anyone walk me through a fabchannel capture?

Cheers

Replying to my own thread on this one...

Just found and followed a video tutorial on this issue and it seems to be working ok (But still only if I use Firefox not IE7)

Quote Originally Posted by deadwing View Post
    Replying to my own thread on this one...

Just found and followed a video tutorial on this issue and it seems to be working ok (But still only if I use Firefox not IE7)
    If you have Vista, you will need to be running IE in administrative mode. You can launch it through Media Catcher:

Open Media Catcher and click "Start Recording". Click "record" in the upper left corner and choose "Launch Default Browser".

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Thanks for that ..another 'bump in the road' sorted. Now all I need to do is find a way to convert the downloaded file to a DVD compliant MPEG. The converter in the program won't do that - and I've tried both Total Video Converter and Super video converter- neither of them work.

Quote Originally Posted by deadwing View Post
    Thanks for that ..another 'bump in the road' sorted. Now all I need to do is find a way to convert the downloaded file to a DVD compliant MPEG. The converter in the program won't do that - and I've tried both Total Video Converter and Super video converter- neither of them work.
    Have you checked out Replay Converter? It will convert and burn.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Hi,

Tried to record something from fabchannel myself but sofar haven't succeeded. I followed the instructions which suggests to copy the html code in a new browser (IE7) but Replay Media Catcher (not the demo version) doesn't start the download. Any suggestion(s)?

Feije Jan

Default Fabchannel stopped working

I have used media catcher lots of times on fabchannel until jan 8th 2009. Now on the 10th it will not work anymore. I'm not sure what changed, i have the feeling that mediacather updated itself but if not, what could be the case ? I restart media catcher before selecting default browser (IE6 SP2) and copying the embed string (http.....full") as usual. Nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by AudioArt View Post
    I have used media catcher lots of times on fabchannel until jan 8th 2009. Now on the 10th it will not work anymore. I'm not sure what changed, i have the feeling that mediacather updated itself but if not, what could be the case ? I restart media catcher before selecting default browser (IE6 SP2) and copying the embed string (http.....full") as usual. Nothing happens.
    I'll look into this.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    If you have Vista, you will need to be running IE in administrative mode. You can launch it through Media Catcher:

Open Media Catcher and click "Start Recording". Click "record" in the upper left corner and choose "Launch Default Browser".

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Message to people: folks, call it fabchannel.com to avoid confusing others...
    Now, Tasha: it turns out that fabchannel.com is using a
    Encrypted RTMP (RTMPE) FLV streams. (RMC does not detect /work on) Try RVC for this one folks...
    now, they seem to be streaming with a adobe patent very similar or
    identical to the m4v files developed by Adobe & Apple.inc.
    now...the FLV files from this site play empty video content.
    No audio or, video is present however: Time length is there.
    which is the same behavior as purchased video files
    of the Apple. Now, if this is indeed by Apple and, no one
    has broken/cracked the DRM system videos/mp4 files (yet)
    which means the only way to convert the file is to record the
    video(s) using a screen recorder.
    Now, I know why most companies (most of them) are not using
    this technology: Either they can't afford it or, quite frankly
    don't give a funk about there video playing sharing systems....
    Last edited by MatthewC1000; 01-10-2009 at 06:51 AM.

Media Catcher is currently not working on Fabchannel.com. Thank you all for the feedback, we are looking into this. In the mean time you will need to use Replay Video Capture on this site.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein