Thread: Virus Detected. False positive but...

Default Virus Detected. False positive but...

The other day I fired up Replay Media Catcher and Webroot immediately threw up an alert that 3 files were infected with W32.Trojan.Gen. All files belonged to RMC. The files were:

libffi-7
    _BLAKE2b.pyd
    _SHA512.pyd

They were all in the AppData folder under RMC. Webroot put them all in quarantine.

I contacted Webroot and they looked at it and they said they white listed the program. I restored the files. Yesterday I noticed that the last 2 files were under allowed but monitored. And then today I saw they were back in quarantine. So are the last 2 files needed to run RMC because it seems that Webroot doesn't like something that they are doing.

I know without the 3 files RMC wouldn't capture anything, no doubt because the first file is a library file.

Thanks.

Default Re: Virus Detected. False positive but...

This is what is known as a false positive. We are not getting other reports of this. Do allow them through webroot.