Thread: Where is temp folder for RMC

Default Where is temp folder for RMC

I tried to download a large video from Youtube. I could see it was 4gb. I got to 2gb and had to leave. RMC puts the downloaded files in a folder I've specified. I looked there and saw the name of the file I was trying to download. It showed 0kb. I copied it anyhow as I've done that before in some other cases. I pasted it in another folder but there was again 0kb even though RMC showed that it has already downloaded 2gb. They had to be somewhere but I couldn't figure it out. When the download was stopped because I had to go I lost it all. Where are the temp files kept? Thank you.

Default Re: Where is temp folder for RMC

It sounds like the file was lost. That can happen in some streams depending on how the stream itself worked. You will need to capture it again.

Right. But those 2gb were somewhere on the PC,at least until RMC was closed or the PC was shut down. Those 2gb are gone but if I'm in a similar situation again I'd like to know where the temp files default location is? Thank you.

I'm in the same situation. It's an 8gb video. Already it had downloaded 2gb but then the wifi connection wavered and it went back to 0. So I started over again. It's not like what it has downloaded sits in the air and within a few seconds after showing the download is complete it suddenly appears on your PC. Sometimes if there's a large file streaming I can look at the file location and copy it or even click on it and look at it as it continues to download. This one just shows 0. Surely there's someone on the staff there that knows where the temp files are?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sport View Post
    I'm in the same situation. It's an 8gb video. Already it had downloaded 2gb but then the wifi connection wavered and it went back to 0. So I started over again. It's not like what it has downloaded sits in the air and within a few seconds after showing the download is complete it suddenly appears on your PC. Sometimes if there's a large file streaming I can look at the file location and copy it or even click on it and look at it as it continues to download. This one just shows 0. Surely there's someone on the staff there that knows where the temp files are?
    $ years later and the same thing happened. Back then I somehow figured out where that file was. I thought I'd replied to a tech support or this forum but don't find it. Was it under a non video file type. Not possible to redownload this so I have to see if I find this temp file. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sport View Post
    $ years later and the same thing happened. Back then I somehow figured out where that file was. I thought I'd replied to a tech support or this forum but don't find it. Was it under a non video file type. Not possible to redownload this so I have to see if I find this temp file. Thank you.
    After some hours found it: C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp

Glad you found it. Thanks.