Thread: Naming Rules

Default Naming Rules

Have been a long time user of RMC but just starting to use Replay Music.
    I have a quick question on Naming Rules of captured music tracks. I want the captured files to be of the form xx name.mp3 I have set the field "When files are tagged apply the following naming rule" as {trackno} (title} and it "nearly" works as I want except for the fact that tracks numbers 1 - 9 appear as ingle digits when I need 01 - 09.

Is there a way of specifying/forcing a 2 digit track no?

Thanks
    Mike

Default Re: Naming Rules

I'm afraid there is not a way to do that with this program. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    I'm afraid there is not a way to do that with this program. Thanks.
    Why not? You could have two-digit numbered tracks with RM6. Why not with RM8?

It's incredibly annoying that they can only be single digits. It means you have to manually change EVERY track yor record. Otherwise tracks will not appear in order whenever there's more than 9 tracks.

This is the way the developer made the program. He is a different developer than did the older version. Your concerns are read. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    This is the way the developer made the program. He is a different developer than did the older version. Your concerns are read. Thanks.
    Can I assume that this has been seen by the developer as an enhancement request? If so is there any plan to implement it and if so when. I don't want to start the search for an alternative solution if I can be assured that Replay Music will support this capability in a reasonable timeframe

Thanks
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    Can I assume that this has been seen by the developer as an enhancement request? If so is there any plan to implement it and if so when. I don't want to start the search for an alternative solution if I can be assured that Replay Music will support this capability in a reasonable timeframe

Thanks
    Mike
    Can this not be done Manually? I mean we are only talking 9 files, 01 through 09.

You are able to edit how the files are numbered after the fact. The developer is sent suggestions for enhancements.

Smile Re: Naming Rules

Quote Originally Posted by wmercier View Post
    Can this not be done Manually? I mean we are only talking 9 files, 01 through 09.
    Of course it could but I shouldn't have to do it. I actually have a process set up where captured files are put into playlists to update my iTunes library, my SONOS library and another streaming service. These automated processes all expect the files to have a 2 digit track number to work properly. The process can not be fully automated if I have to go in and rename files manually.

But thanks for the tip

So how do I know if the developer is planning to act on the suggestion?

If a new version has it. I never know until we have a new version out. Thanks.