Thread: Need help with FLAC recording noises

Default Need help with FLAC recording noises

Hello RM users! I am converting my music library over to FLAC format for superior sound quality via TIDAL and I am having the following issues. When I record certain tracks in FLAC output format, I am getting spark, pop or crackle noises within the track regardless of what music player I use for playback. Initially, I thought it was random, but upon experimenting, it is consistently happening on the same location of the same (not all) tracks. If I change the output format of the file to .MP3, then the noise anomaly goes away. I have listened closely to the track while recording and do not hear spark noise while recording. Additionally, I have tried to uninstall and reinstall RM (ver. 8.0.1.35) to no avail. This leads me to believe that it is not a streaming issue from TIDAL or hardware issue with my PC but an issue with how RM is saving or converting FLAC files. Has anyone run into this issue and found a solution?
    Last edited by dang4289; 04-22-2019 at 08:39 AM.