Thread: Tagging: Best Config and/or Tips

Default Tagging: Best Config and/or Tips

Last time RM8 stopped tagging effectively, I re-installed the app and it worked ok.

It recently started having tagging problems again, identifying only 5 of 40 songs. I'm using system default settings, except for max size for music lookup which is set to 9000. I've used MS Edge, Chrome, and Firefox, none seem superior in terms of effect on tagging. I'm streaming from Pandora. Examples of songs that did not tag include Stairway to Heaven (Led Zep), Sharp Dressed Man (ZZ Top), Can't Always Get What You Want (Rolling Stones), and Panama (Van Hallen).

This is after a fresh install of the RM8 app yesterday, and reboot.

Any suggestions or tips for optimizing tagging results would be appreciated.

Ross

Default Re: Tagging: Best Config and/or Tips

Change the max size for music look up to 100000. Clean out your browser cache. Then give it a try

Hi Cheryl,

No joy. After making the recommended changes, 1 song out of 19 have successfully tagged. Failed to tag include:
    Collective Soul: Shine
    Soundgarde: Pretty Noose
    Stone Temple Pilots: Plush

Also, I tried playing the Pandora station "90s, 2000s, Today's Hits Radio". 4 of 49 songs were successfully tagged.

Make sure it is allowed in your firewall. If you continue to have an issue do open a support ticket with all the details. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Change the max size for music look up to 100000. Clean out your browser cache. Then give it a try
    Loving Version 8.0.1.35, tagging is working great with Spotify, sometimes the track numbers all say on 0 but the majority of the time it is working ok and I use Tag editor. I also use the Silence MP3 which came with RM 6 and link them with the local files in Spotify. I have about 30 silence copies in a file and drag them into my album when recording and place them in between each track in Spotify, works a treat. Brilliant job Applian. I think you should include a link to the Silence MP3 which would work better.
    Thanks
    Steve

Another option for Spotify is to lower the silence level in the settings to .01. I find this splits and works great.