Thread: Remove Context Menu: Convert with Replay Converter 6

Default Remove Context Menu: Convert with Replay Converter 6

How do I remove the context menu right-click context menu that says "Convert with Replay Converter 6". Is there an option that I am not seeing in the program to enable/disable this?

Default Re: Remove Context Menu: Convert with Replay Converter 6

There is not an option to disable this. Thanks.

The program "shellmenuview" will remove that annoying "convert to" context menu option. For a discussion, see The Windows Club:
    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/remov...-items-editors. There were 25 file types that I removed. I went looking because I suspected that getting rid of that option might solve an odd problem. When I click on a certain music folder, which has a subfolder with six sub-folders, and click "play all" (in Windows 8.1), Replay Converter would open. The bizarre thing is that, if I deleted the main sub-folder, "play all" would work normally. Doing a bit of experimenting, I found that it would work normally--i.e., "play all" would open VLC Player instead of Replay Converter--as long as that subfolder had only four subfolders in it. I played around, thinking that one of the subfolders had something odd in it, but it didn't matter which subfolder it was that I kept or deleted. The odd thing is that I had to use Task Manager to kill Replay Converter, sometimes killing it two or three times (there were 36 mp3 files in that main folder.) BUT--each time Replay Converter would automatically open (I learned to keep Task Manager open), Windows Explorer would show "not responding." This is clearly some kind of Windows problem, but removing all the Replay Converter context menu entries keeps it from opening when I click "play all."

Thanks for the information. I'm sure it will help others.