Thread: RMC 7 keeps changing my proxy settings...

Default RMC 7 keeps changing my proxy settings...

As well as changing/turning on IE proxy settings every 15-30 mins or so and making sites inaccessible, it resets the chrome tabs that I am capturing from and interupts/ruins the capture.
    RMC7 can no longer be left unattended as it stops capturing/breaks so often.

I have tried resetting RMC7. Reinstalling it. Reinstalling Chrome. Resetting Chrome. Using Opera. Using Vivaldi. Resetting IE proxy settings, even Resetting/reinstalling my Win10 OS install, but I can't stop the proxy change behaviour and tabs resetting.
    It has only started to happen in the last month or so and is very frustrating. For some time now, RMC has become fairly useless as a result.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
    Last edited by moophoo; 03-04-2018 at 02:29 PM.

Default Re: RMC 7 keeps changing my proxy settings...

Sorry that you are having troubles with Replay Media Catcher. Replay Media Catcher uses a proxy + certificate system to allow for downloading of videos over HTTPS connections. We have seen a few customers who have conflicting proxy settings which seem to be interfering when our software runs.

1. With RMC not running, please go to Control Panel\Network and Internet
    2. Click Internet Options.
    3. In the Internet Properties window, click the Connections tab.
    4. Near the bottom, click the "LAN settings" button which will open a Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window.

If not already selected, click the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox, then click the Advanced button. In the Proxy Settings window, delete the address and Port information for the HTTP and Secure lines. Click OK to save the changes. You might get an warning about the settings being blank which is fine, so click Yes. Click OK to close the LAN Settings and Internet Properties windows.

Also, in the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window, make sure there is no address in the "Use automatic configuration script" field.

Now, when RMC runs, it should be able to set its own proxy settings correctly for accessing the internet and HTTPS content.

I'm having generally the same problems lately. The settings mentioned (the order and naming) doesn't correspond to settings in my Win10. Is this info above out of date or is there a better solution? Thanks

Even though you don't use Internet Explorer it is still on your computer. Please try the above suggestions with your system.